No announcement yet.

The ongoing "Help Me Find..." Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if they don't make a vest that goes with the suit, you're not going to be able to pull off matching it.

Personally I'd not try to "make it" a 3 piece, I'd just keep it as a 2 piece suit, but 21 men makes some cheap ones (which I can't speak to the quality of)

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Category.aspx?br=21men&category=m_suiting_vests

as do topman

http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=33056&s toreId=12555&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&sort_field=Relevance&categoryI d=207246&parent_categoryId=261027&beginIndex=1&pag eSize=20

and indochino will make you one for $99, which is still cheaper than jcrew

http://www.indochino.com/collection/Vests

Comment

Regarding contrasting vests, I was thinking of something in a very light grey maybe? Any other suggestions?

Comment

Just found out I have to wear a suit every Wednesday evening (excited about that (: ). I'd like to purchase a pocket square and tie-bar then (not necessarily to wear together).

So it seems like the best place to go for those is thetiebar.com, yes?

So, could you suggest me a pocket square? I have a dark charcoal suit. My favorite shirt/tie combo is dark purple, and there's a hint of lighter purple (almost magenta) in the shirt. However, I also want something to match with my dotted black tie on a white or blue shirt.

I'm thinking something like white is best. How's this? http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-pro...ptionValueIds=

I also heard that cotton is good for beginners since it doesn't slip like silk.

Also, for a tie bar, how is this one? http://www.thetiebar.com/tie-bar-pro...ptionValueIds=

I think I prefer the simple "clasp" look, but I haven't done enough research to know for sure. If you know of a better option, that'd be great too.

Thanks guys!

Comment

@focuspants: the thompson jacket has been as cheap as $60 before, so you can probably wait if you are unsure. I don't think it's an amazing price right now.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive summer wedding suit (ideally less than $300).

I'm tired of burning up or having to play "when can I take my jacket off" with wool or cotton suits, so I need something that will be cooler than that. My understand is that, when done right, a linen-cotton blend or a linen-wool blend can provide a lot of the breathing and temperature control similar to a linen suit, but without the intense wrinkling: that's what I'm aiming for.

I'm not really willing to spend a whole lot on the suit, because frankly, it's probably not going to be worn more than 3 to 5 times a year. I'm a tall skinny guy (see my measurements in my signature), so I'll need something that's slim/skinny throughout. For reference, I've had success with Bar III slim fit suits, but frankly, their shoulders are a bit sharp for my tastes. Banana Republic Tailored Fit blazers come close to working for me through the torso, but the armholes and arm width is significantly too large.
            My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Any thoughts on OTR DB suits?

Comment

Originally posted by M. Montaigne View Post
                Any thoughts on OTR DB suits?
                Eh, I'm not really sold on DB suits yet. Maybe they'll make a comeback, but I just don't see myself being comfortable wearing one yet.

EDIT: Wait, was your comment a reply to mine or are you asking for advice on where to get a OTR BD suit?
                My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Comment

Originally posted by diversification View Post
                  Eh, I'm not really sold on DB suits yet. Maybe they'll make a comeback, but I just don't see myself being comfortable wearing one yet.

EDIT: Wait, was your comment a reply to mine or are you asking for advice on where to get a OTR BD suit?
                  It was asking for advice, but I'm nevertheless sorry to hear you're not a fan of DB suits.

Comment

Any suggestions on where to find gray canvas Jack Purcells? (aside from going through Converse's design-your-own deal or ebay?) Nordstrom had them last year but no longer but I've only been able to find white, black, and navy available at the usual retail suspects.
                    “There are moments, Jeeves, when one asks oneself, 'Do trousers matter?'"
                    "The mood will pass, sir.”

Comment

Working...
                    X