X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post

I feel like I would never tire of watching the seconds-hand so it’s thing at the top of each minute. Is it really cool on your wrist? Are you entertained?
    It's a versatile, great feeling watch on the wrist... but yes, I find a lot of entertainment just watching the second hand / minute change throughout the day. It always reminds me of special moments spent with my family while on vacation in Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    The Stop2Go today

I feel like I would never tire of watching the seconds-hand so it’s thing at the top of each minute. Is it really cool on your wrist? Are you entertained?

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    The Stop2Go today

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. That albino Rolex is almost enough to take my breath away. What a beautiful watch.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by dc_slicker View Post

ha, i was just going to say that it looks a lot like Rolex... almost a knock off.
    Not familiar with this brand... safe to assume it just a company that takes iconic watches and tried to imitate them so it looks like one wears rolex?
    There are several brands out there with that marketing philosophy, but Helson isn't one of them. Helson is a microbrand that built their name on creating high value tool watches for divers. I also have one of their dive watches in brass that I've been very happy with - unique and built like a tank. They have more recently added a few tribute watches to their lineup, like the GMT. But no one who knows Rolex's vintage models (I own a handful) - would ever mistake the Helsons for "knock offs".

Here's the legendary Albino Rolex GMT 6542 that served as an inspiration for the Helson GMT. As you can see, despite the similar color schemes, they are very different watches.

Leave a comment:

• Publius
    replied
    My first watch acquisition since the pandemic gong show started.

Leave a comment:

• dc_slicker
    replied

Thanks much, it's an obvious tribute to the near-mythical Rolex Albino 6542 (but with sword hands and without the radiation issues or inconceivable price tag). It's only been on my wrist for a day now, but I'm really liking it so far. Very wearable at 38mm, and I'm with you - the sapphire bezel insert makes the watch!

ha, i was just going to say that it looks a lot like Rolex... almost a knock off.
    Not familiar with this brand... safe to assume it just a company that takes iconic watches and tried to imitate them so it looks like one wears rolex?

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by castle View Post

Looks fantastic! I absolutely love the bezel on this, and the white dial complements it well. I've never owned a Helson, but always wanted to check out a Skindiver in the metal.
    Thanks much, it's an obvious tribute to the near-mythical Rolex Albino 6542 (but with sword hands and without the radiation issues or inconceivable price tag). It's only been on my wrist for a day now, but I'm really liking it so far. Very wearable at 38mm, and I'm with you - the sapphire bezel insert makes the watch!

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    Just unwrapped this beauty from one of my favorite price-performing microbrands - Helson

Looks fantastic! I absolutely love the bezel on this, and the white dial complements it well. I've never owned a Helson, but always wanted to check out a Skindiver in the metal.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Just unwrapped this beauty from one of my favorite price-performing microbrands - Helson

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Ijones027
    Can anybody tell me the quality of jw Nordstrom top coats are 95 wool 5% cashmere?
    Welcome to the forum! You should ask this in the "ask a question" thread - you would have a better chance of getting an answer there.

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

Mondaine Evo 2, official timepiece of the Swiss Railways. A nice father's day gift
    Great looking watch!

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post
    Mondaine Evo 2, official timepiece of the Swiss Railways. A nice father's day gift
    Congrats! A very nice gift indeed. I have a couple of Mondaines that I am very fond of. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dc_slicker
    replied

None at all. It's in Alpina's Swiss quartz line, so rock solid reliable, at a very reasonable price.
    read about it... seems solid, yet not very well known.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X