X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kongmw
    replied
    Finally cool enough to wear leather straps again!

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Wow, they have quite the selection, any experience with their leather straps?
    I haven't purchased a smooth leather strap from them, but the nappy one and suede one are both nice. The "Kvarsnø?" Swedish leather one I have is perforated like a driving glove - thick & comfortable.

Today's watch:

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    I go to “Cheapest NATO straps” and pick up a handful once in a while to try them out. If I like the design, I might look for a more premium strap somewhere like BluShark. In this instance, I just kept the cheapest NATO version. Their día de los muertos is also in my rotation. It’s a nice, low-cost way to experiment with different straps. I probably have 12 or 15 natos from them.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...ic-nato-straps

Wow, they have quite the selection, any experience with their leather straps?

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Cool picture, cooler NATO. Where'd you pick that up?
    I go to “Cheapest NATO straps” and pick up a handful once in a while to try them out. If I like the design, I might look for a more premium strap somewhere like BluShark. In this instance, I just kept the cheapest NATO version. Their día de los muertos is also in my rotation. It’s a nice, low-cost way to experiment with different straps. I probably have 12 or 15 natos from them.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...ic-nato-straps

Leave a comment:

• adamsmith
    replied

Today, I wear SEIKO watch and got my watch strap from Clockwork Synergy

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    I can't seem to fix the color on this photo, but it looked interesting enough to share.

Cats and boxes. We buy toys and what does the cat play with? The box the toy comes in. Nice watch too!

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Soviet era Poljot manual wind watch started working again! It was a few minutes off at the end of every day after I set it and wound it, so I stopped wearing it. I don't know what I did to mess it up, but months later I noticed the ticking in my watch case, wound it and set it, and let it go. It's been keeping good time all week so far. Anyone know what I did? I have no clue.

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    I can't seem to fix the color on this photo, but it looked interesting enough to share.

Cool picture, cooler NATO. Where'd you pick that up?

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arête
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Arête View Post

I went with the Hesalite because I thought it looked better and because it was $800 cheaper. I'm not that into the whole history/legacy of the moon watch and wanting the watch more closer to the original (i.e. hesalite). I just think the hesalite looks cooler and I don't like the "milky ring" on the Sapphire. However, everything I saw was from pics/videos and not in person. However, from what I've heard, people usually like the hesalite even more once they see it in person next to the sapphire. Also, I'm pretty careful with my watches so I'm not too concerned with scratching it, and even if I do, I know you can fix it with polywatch.

Second, I liked the all brushed bracelet of the new hesalite better than the sapphire bracelet which has some polishing. I try to stay away from anything too shiny in my attire.

Third, I know people love the exhibition casebook of the sapphire, but I've had these on past watches and usually just forgot about them. In contrast to most people, I actually prefer the solid caseback. I think the open casebacks are a little cheesy unless it's something like a Patek/A Langhe and Sohn. I like that Rolex has stuck with the closed casebacks.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! I continue to have this internal debate, which I suspect will last till the second before I tell the SA which version I'd like to take home with me.

Leave a comment:

• Arête
    replied
    Originally posted by kongmw View Post

hesalite or sapphire sandwich, and why?
    I went with the Hesalite because I thought it looked better and because it was $800 cheaper. I'm not that into the whole history/legacy of the moon watch and wanting the watch more closer to the original (i.e. hesalite). I just think the hesalite looks cooler and I don't like the "milky ring" on the Sapphire. However, everything I saw was from pics/videos and not in person. However, from what I've heard, people usually like the hesalite even more once they see it in person next to the sapphire. Also, I'm pretty careful with my watches so I'm not too concerned with scratching it, and even if I do, I know you can fix it with polywatch.

Second, I liked the all brushed bracelet of the new hesalite better than the sapphire bracelet which has some polishing. I try to stay away from anything too shiny in my attire.

Third, I know people love the exhibition casebook of the sapphire, but I've had these on past watches and usually just forgot about them. In contrast to most people, I actually prefer the solid caseback. I think the open casebacks are a little cheesy unless it's something like a Patek/A Langhe and Sohn. I like that Rolex has stuck with the closed casebacks.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Originally posted by Arête View Post
    My new 3861 Hesalite Speedmaster! I love the classy look and (similar to the Sub I used to own) it looks amazing with a t-shirt or a suit!

hesalite or sapphire sandwich, and why? ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Arête
    replied
    My new 3861 Hesalite Speedmaster! I love the classy look and (similar to the Sub I used to own) it looks amazing with a t-shirt or a suit!
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post

Lovely! A great choice
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Wow. That's a gorgeous looking watch kongmw. Nice.
    Thanks for your kind words!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X