• andrewrg
    replied
    Orvis dual time
    Because quartz is cool too

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

Reeealy nice texture comparisson between the watch band and the coat!
    Thanks! I'm terrible at fit pics so I don't post any that would do the jacket justice. It's a safari jacket made from die workwear's summer tweed.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by kongmw View Post
    Still very much smitten with the anordain.

Reeealy nice texture comparisson between the watch band and the coat!

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied

Thanks! The enamel dial is a big draw for me personally, that and I do like The Armoury too.
    In person, it's very much a subtle difference compared to regular (painted?) dials. I don't have another watch with a white dial but looking at the enamel, its specular highlights on the surface are a bit softer. The finish of the enamel on mine also isn't 100% glass-like smooth. I never looked at a Breguet enamel dial this close so I can't really say if it's like this across the board.
    Overall though, it's hard (for me) to tell enamel apart from regular old dials from more than 3ft away.
    Thanks. Apparently the cost of enamel dials is so high because so many break in production. It’s intriguing. I’d get the pink or blue one from anordain. Ball also makes an enamel dial but it’s pretty plain.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    Very nice. In person, how does the enamel dial differ from a regular old dial? Can you really tell?
    Thanks! The enamel dial is a big draw for me personally, that and I do like The Armoury too.
    In person, it's very much a subtle difference compared to regular (painted?) dials. I don't have another watch with a white dial but looking at the enamel, its specular highlights on the surface are a bit softer. The finish of the enamel on mine also isn't 100% glass-like smooth. I never looked at a Breguet enamel dial this close so I can't really say if it's like this across the board.
    Overall though, it's hard (for me) to tell enamel apart from regular old dials from more than 3ft away.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Very nice. In person, how does the enamel dial differ from a regular old dial? Can you really tell?

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    carlitos , in imgur, click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of your photo > select "Get share links" > click "Copy Link" for the BBCode version (it'll start with "[img]")...

Then paste the link into your forum post.
    Thank you sir.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Can't blame you kongmw That's a very nice looking watch.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    The Mondaine dual time today

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    carlitos , in imgur, click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of your photo > select "Get share links" > click "Copy Link" for the BBCode version (it'll start with "[img]")...

Then paste the link into your forum post.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    I'm dressed like a grown-up today, with a proper hand-wound watch.

https://i.imgur.com/GtsNenN.jpg

I know that I sound like a broken record, but how are you guys posting these seeded images? I can't load an attachment, and when I try to attach the imgur link it says "not a proper image file." There doesn't appear to be a URL image button anywhere?

Looking at the post above, this code looks like some button or script made it, but where can I find that?

IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"667","width":"500","src":"h ttps:\/\/i.imgur.com\/ITRGlb3.jpg"}[/IMG2 / [/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X