Super Moderator

• DocDave
    replied
    kongmw
    Varsity Member
    kongmw and
    andrewrg
    Varsity Member
    andrewrg those are some nice looking timepieces.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    Varsity Member

• kongmw
    replied
    Struggled to upload an image to the site... resorted back to imgur

Sub on NYE

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    Varsity Member

• andrewrg
    replied
    Ratio shrouded Freediver my wife got me for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    Varsity Member

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by lidandom View Post
    Wow, a lot of guys have really cool watches. I have been fond of watches not so long ago and I still don't know which ones to buy for every day.
    I hope this forum likes copy and pasting rich text, here's a selection from the annual gift guide for watches

Dependable, good looking enough, and the type of thing you take with you on a quick trip or wear on the weekends when you’re knocking about, and don’t want to risk damage to a prized timepiece. If this thing does get a scratch in the crystal or somehow gets dropped in a lake and goes to hell? It won’t cause the tears to flow

Leave a comment:

• abdulbasit

• abdulbasit
    replied
    If you want some excellent but affordable wristwatches, you should definitely check NIXON. They have some amazing pieces. I got one last year and I love it.

Leave a comment:

• lidandom

• lidandom
    replied
    Wow, a lot of guys have really cool watches. I have been fond of watches not so long ago and I still don't know which ones to buy for every day.

Leave a comment:

• lockjawdavis

• lockjawdavis
    replied
    Seiko AutomaticIMG_1457.jpg
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    Varsity Member

• kongmw
    replied
    Finally cool enough to wear leather straps again!

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    Varsity Member

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Wow, they have quite the selection, any experience with their leather straps?
    I haven't purchased a smooth leather strap from them, but the nappy one and suede one are both nice. The "Kvarsnø?" Swedish leather one I have is perforated like a driving glove - thick & comfortable.

Today's watch:

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    Varsity Member

• Alex.C
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    I go to “Cheapest NATO straps” and pick up a handful once in a while to try them out. If I like the design, I might look for a more premium strap somewhere like BluShark. In this instance, I just kept the cheapest NATO version. Their día de los muertos is also in my rotation. It’s a nice, low-cost way to experiment with different straps. I probably have 12 or 15 natos from them.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...ic-nato-straps

Wow, they have quite the selection, any experience with their leather straps?

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    Varsity Member

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Cool picture, cooler NATO. Where'd you pick that up?
    I go to “Cheapest NATO straps” and pick up a handful once in a while to try them out. If I like the design, I might look for a more premium strap somewhere like BluShark. In this instance, I just kept the cheapest NATO version. Their día de los muertos is also in my rotation. It’s a nice, low-cost way to experiment with different straps. I probably have 12 or 15 natos from them.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/c...ic-nato-straps

Leave a comment:

• adamsmith

• adamsmith
    replied

Today, I wear SEIKO watch and got my watch strap from Clockwork Synergy

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    Super Moderator

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post
    I can't seem to fix the color on this photo, but it looked interesting enough to share.

Cats and boxes. We buy toys and what does the cat play with? The box the toy comes in. Nice watch too!

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    Varsity Member

• andrewrg
    replied
    Soviet era Poljot manual wind watch started working again! It was a few minutes off at the end of every day after I set it and wound it, so I stopped wearing it. I don't know what I did to mess it up, but months later I noticed the ticking in my watch case, wound it and set it, and let it go. It's been keeping good time all week so far. Anyone know what I did? I have no clue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X