Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned the 2221.80 before, which is what I believe yours is. That is the 1 watch I regret selling. I had bought it brand new from an AD at the time but for some reason decided I wanted to try other stuff rather than stick with Omega for most of my collection. I don't regret any other watch sales, but I wish I had held on to that one. I've tried other blue dialed watches but none of them seem to do it they way this one does. There's something about that SMP that walks the line between casual and dress. I think it's more versatile than almost any other watch I've owned (except maybe the Speedy).

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I've owned the 2221.80 before, which is what I believe yours is. That is the 1 watch I regret selling. I had bought it brand new from an AD at the time but for some reason decided I wanted to try other stuff rather than stick with Omega for most of my collection. I don't regret any other watch sales, but I wish I had held on to that one. I've tried other blue dialed watches but none of them seem to do it they way this one does. There's something about that SMP that walks the line between casual and dress. I think it's more versatile than almost any other watch I've owned (except maybe the Speedy).
      You're correct - mine is the 2221.80. I really like the subtle tweaks they made to this one from the prior 2531/41 version, (even though it's not the original "Bond" watch). Which version of the Speedy do you own?

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
        You're correct - mine is the 2221.80. I really like the subtle tweaks they made to this one from the prior 2531/41 version, (even though it's not the original "Bond" watch). Which version of the Speedy do you own?
        I had a 3570.50 which is basically the 'original moon watch' except with a different movement than what they used in the 60's.

I like the red font on the newer Bond that you have. I think the older one is a tad bit thinner also. Besides that, I'm not familiar with any other tweaks. You'll have to fill me in if there's other stuff they changed.

Comment

I had a 3570.50 which is basically the 'original moon watch' except with a different movement than what they used in the 60's.

I like the red font on the newer Bond that you have. I think the older one is a tad bit thinner also. Besides that, I'm not familiar with any other tweaks. You'll have to fill me in if there's other stuff they changed.
          The other changes are applied hr marker indices and Omega logo, (as opposed to painted-on indices and logo).

Comment

The other changes are applied hr marker indices and Omega logo, (as opposed to painted-on indices and logo).
            How could I forget about that. That was one of my biggest concerns about getting an older vs newer model. I'll see how I feel about it once I get my hands on it tomorrow. Doing an in-person trade with a friend for the SMP and cash for my Speedy.

Comment

I know it isn't the weekend yet. But what the hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

I know it isn't the weekend yet. But what the hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I love the look of the Weekender, and I even own the same one (I put it on a green Nato), but the ticking bothered me so much that I pulled out the Crown to stop the watch and have had it stashed in a drawer ever since. I really wish they would fix the dB level of the ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                  I love the look of the Weekender, and I even own the same one (I put it on a green Nato), but the ticking bothered me so much that I pulled out the Crown to stop the watch and have had it stashed in a drawer ever since. I really wish they would fix the dB level of the ticking.
                  But then how would you check it after it took a licking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mYlVe7DK6E

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Really liking the color combo with that NATO and the dial!

Still my go to most days.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post

Lol. Okay, that was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by iviustang50h View Post
                        True. The ticking is loud. But by having the watch in a drawer - even with the crown pushed in - I'm able to get a good night sleep. I wonder why the ticking is the way it is though. Surely Timex could do something about it if they wanted to.

Originally posted by idvsego View Post

Ok, that was good. Timex needs to bring that slogan back.

How could I forget about that. That was one of my biggest concerns about getting an older vs newer model. I'll see how I feel about it once I get my hands on it tomorrow. Doing an in-person trade with a friend for the SMP and cash for my Speedy.
                        Have you picked up the new watch yet? Any chance to post some pics?

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                        [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] Really liking the color combo with that NATO and the dial!
                        Thanks. It was/is the original strap that came with the watch if you can believe it.

Awesome. Welcome to the Bond club. Wish I had money to buy that Speedy thought. I'd love to have the SMP/Speedy combo.

What year is your watch? Did you purchase it new?

Comment

Have you picked up the new watch yet? Any chance to post some pics?
                          I did but I'm still out of town and didn't bring my laptop with me. I'll try to post pics later in the week.

Comment

What year is your watch? Did you purchase it new?
                            Don't know the year, as I did not purchase it new. Bought it a bit over a year ago. I haven't bothered to trace back the serial # to try to figure out the date manufactured. I believe the 2220.80/2221.80 models were made around the 2006-2012 range.

Update: I just looked up my serial # range online, and my watch was manufactured in 2010.
                            Last edited by drocpsu; June 5, 2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Bought this from my brother recently.

Ben

Comment

Don't know the year, as I did not purchase it new. Bought it a bit over a year ago. I haven't bothered to trace back the serial # to try to figure out the date manufactured. I believe the 2220.80/2221.80 models were made around the 2006-2012 range.

Update: I just looked up my serial # range online, and my watch was manufactured in 2010.
                                Can you post the link where you looked it up? I tried looking all over for some sort of database that would show what year my smp was manufactured.

Comment

Working...
                                X