X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Don't be impressed, it's fake as hell.
    This. I think all tachymetre bezels have 60 aligned with the top of the watch (the 12 marker), otherwise it'd be much less intuitive to use. The subdials are also wrong. I guess he never claimed it was real but in general I really dislike fakes.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Don't be impressed, it's fake as hell.
      oh? I honestly don't know enough about Rolex to tell the difference.

Comment

There are rather obvious cues in the poor build quality/finishing (look at the lines where the bracelet endlinks meet the watch case, and the misaligned tachymeter bezel as mentioned above) but the dead giveaway is that the real Daytona is and always has been a chronograph, not a day/date/24-hour multifunction watch as the subdials indicate here.

IMO, wearing a fake anything without disclosing that it is fake is the same thing as claiming it is real.

Our forum does not have rules against posting illegal counterfeits but there are a good many forums out there where a poster could get banned.
        Ben

Comment

There are rather obvious cues in the poor build quality/finishing (look at the lines where the bracelet endlinks meet the watch case, and the misaligned tachymeter bezel as mentioned above) but the dead giveaway is that the real Daytona is and always has been a chronograph, not a day/date/24-hour multifunction watch as the subdials indicate here.

IMO, wearing a fake anything without disclosing that it is fake is the same thing as claiming it is real.

Our forum does not have rules against posting illegal counterfeits but there are a good many forums out there where a poster could get banned.
          Preach. Also, do we need a link to a person's Instagram pasted into every single post? I'm fine with it in the sig block, but get tired reading it on the front page.

Comment

Hmm good to know. After looking at it more closely I see what you mean. Wearing a fake doesn't really bother me, it's more the act of pretending it to be the real deal or saying it's real that bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
              Preach. Also, do we need a link to a person's Instagram pasted into every single post? I'm fine with it in the sig block, but get tired reading it on the front page.
              I'm in agreement. Kind of raised my ire a bit when I first saw it.

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
              Hmm good to know. After looking at it more closely I see what you mean. Wearing a fake doesn't really bother me, it's more the act of pretending it to be the real deal or saying it's real that bothers me.
              I agree with this too. There is always the chance the poster didn't know it was a fake though. Although I suppose they do now

Comment

Finally pried the Turtle off my wrist...

Really like this SKX too, but I'm not totally sold on the aesthetic of the bracelet. I might pick up a third party oyster for it.
                Ben

Comment

Finally pried the Turtle off my wrist...

Really like this SKX too, but I'm not totally sold on the aesthetic of the bracelet. I might pick up a third party oyster for it.
                  I have an uncle seiko president and am happy with it. My "super oyster" is from a seller on the bay but still pretty decent with solid ends and screw pins.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                    I have an uncle seiko president and am happy with it. My "super oyster" is from a seller on the bay but still pretty decent with solid ends and screw pins.
                    I would like to try a president versus the more generic oyster, but I suspect it may not be available for the 013. Haven't looked yet.
                    Ben

Comment

I would like to try a president versus the more generic oyster, but I suspect it may not be available for the 013. Haven't looked yet.
                      me either. 20mm? there are straight lug options from strapcode or the bay...but straight end oysters can look odd. a straight end jubilee or beads of rice isnt bad. Or you could go shark mesh. It isnt my thing but people like it.

Comment

Polar diver? I kind of like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          I agree with this too. There is always the chance the poster didn't know it was a fake though. Although I suppose they do now
                          Hard not to know considering the price difference between a real and a fake.

Comment

Bosses are out today, so I went a little more casual: Citizen BN0000-04H on a zulu. My go-anywhere watch. It's been pretty much all over the world with me. 300m WR, solar powered quartz.

Comment

Interesting hands on that one [MENTION=12929]ajs116[/MENTION]...cool watch

Comment

My first post in this thread. I'm working on my watch game, so will add a few as I remember. This is a vintage Breitling, found underground with a metal detector. I left the discoloration on the face vs. repairing it. I think that it gives it character.

Comment

Working...
                                X