This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    Picked up this guy and wasn't crazy about its bulk at first. Swapped straps around and finally landed on a rubber strap that I think matches up well and is definitely more comfortable.

Armida A7 on Deaumar isofrane style strap.
    Wow that is a chunky watch! Have you become more comfortable wearing it? What is the size of the watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Wow that is a chunky watch! Have you become more comfortable wearing it? What is the size of the watch?
      It is about 43mm if I remember right. Maybe 13-14mm tall. Lug to lug is a very nice 49mm though so it isn't bad. The bracelet is a BEAST and I didn't like how it felt. The silicone makes it much more manageable. I am comfortable wearing it as a casual option now.

Comment

• Can't get over how much I like this Turtle. It's not letting the SKX013 get any wrist time despite the 013 being far better sized for my wrist...

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Can't get over how much I like this Turtle. It's not letting the SKX013 get any wrist time despite the 013 being far better sized for my wrist...

I've been really tempted to get one of the 'Blue Lagoon' or PADI pepsi turtles as a(nother) casual watch, especially for use when traveling abroad. Nice to know that the oversized case isn't a huge concern (I have larger wrists than you, but still don't want to be wearing something absurd). Something about the turtle shape is just fun IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
            I've been really tempted to get one of the 'Blue Lagoon' or PADI pepsi turtles as a(nother) casual watch, especially for use when traveling abroad. Nice to know that the oversized case isn't a huge concern (I have larger wrists than you, but still don't want to be wearing something absurd). Something about the turtle shape is just fun IMO.
            the blue lagoon samurai is awesome.

Comment

the blue lagoon samurai is awesome.
              Much harder to find, no?

Comment

Much harder to find, no?
                And more expensive. But more awesome IMO

Comment

And more expensive. But more awesome IMO
                  List was initially cheaper for it, I guess Seiko didn't think (or care) that it would be much more sought after... I assume because of the limited run of the originals.

Comment

• Trying out a tag Monaco today. I think the Blue chronograph version looks better than the black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Love the new turtle. Diver watches by Seiko are great but I find them a bit hard to match more formal office outfit - especially Pepsi bezel on a rubber or NATO strap. It clashes with most sport jackets, I would not wear it with a tie at all. For me they are quintessential casual Friday/weekend watches.

Comment

List was initially cheaper for it, I guess Seiko didn't think (or care) that it would be much more sought after... I assume because of the limited run of the originals.
                        I think they must drum up the scarcity to bolster the brand among enthusiasts. I can think of any other reason for them to stop selling a watch that is still being purchased. Unless it is one of htose things where people didnt like it until it was cancelled. Like an artist not being appreciated until after they die. They are making plenty of money so I am sure they know what they are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RishiK View Post
                          Trying out a tag Monaco today. I think the Blue chronograph version looks better than the black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Seeing this watch reminds me that I need to wear mine more. The Explorer II and the Speedy seem to be getting all the love of late.

Comment

• Follow me on instagram
                            https://www.instagram.com/ricosoltero

Comment

• This place is getting too fancy for the likes of me. Impressive pieces fellas

Comment

This place is getting too fancy for the likes of me. Impressive pieces fellas
                                Don't be impressed, it's fake as hell.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X