• Show
Clear All

Broke out the Orient Symphony today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Polar Explorer for a not-so-polar day:

Ben

Comment

I recently purchased a different watch from an online forum and the seller threw this Victorinox in for free. (He got it for free from the National Geographic Society and never wore it.) It's not a watch that I would have ever purchased: there are no minute markings; its a quartz movement with a standard mineral crystal; the overall design is part-dressy and part-sporty, without really being either; all in all, it's a pretty generic looking dial design. On top of that I already have two silver-colored, mid-sized watches that I like much better than this one.

Still...this one is definitely the best value of the bunch since I acquired it for free.

Last edited by TMann; May 6, 2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Short term lurker, first time photo upload. Many more to come.

Comment

This thread needs a "like" feature so bad. Nice watches fellas.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Been reading here for a long time but never owned a watch outside of a quartz Timex from J Crew.

Ordered a Seiko 007 from Long Island Watch yesterday to get started and see what I think and convince myself I can wear it and won't lose it. I'm obsessing over Cartier Drive watches but a bit out of my league just now.

Comment

The 007 is a great start! Be careful, this can be addicting

Comment

Good call on the 007 watch. Definitely a watch that sees weekend wrist time for me.

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] looks like you swapped out the oyster band for a NATO(?) strap. Why the change?
                  Last edited by DocDave; May 8, 2017, 12:24 PM. Reason: to ask LBD a question

Comment

BTW, I know there is a podcast thread (and I'll probably double up with posts there too) but I figured posting here would get the most eyes on it.

I've started listening to the podcast One Time which is dedicated to watch enthusiasts. I've only listened to one show so far - one about Keeping Your Watch(es) Safe - and thought it was a great podcast. So I thought I'd share that here. Cheers.

Comment

Do any of you guys own a frederique constant slimline watch? You were right that this gets a little addictive - I love the 007. I have some dress occasions coming up including my brother's wedding.

I was originally planning to buy an Orient Bambino, but now I can't help having fun checking out options.

Comment

Originally posted by gochrisgo View Post
                        Do any of you guys own a frederique constant slimline watch? You were right that this gets a little addictive - I love the 007. I have some dress occasions coming up including my brother's wedding.

I was originally planning to buy an Orient Bambino, but now I can't help having fun checking out options.
                        I always recommend this citizen for people that need a dress watch for occasional use. Fits the bill for a dress watch, so s very reasonably priced, but you could slip a nato or perlon on it and wear it for smart casual as well...

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Citiz...nh8350-08b.htm

Comment

Is there a hole in the price for dress watches? I see automatic dress watches around $99-$125 and then the next range seems to come in around $1k.

Since I am surrounded by watch fiends at work and am slowly becoming one too, I'd think about springing for something unique or a little more upgraded but I don't feel like I know enough to go to a huge price. If i went above $1k, I think I'd go for a used Cartier watch or a Speedmaster for everyday.

Sorry if it is annoying to post questions to WWIWT?

Comment

[MENTION=9020]gochrisgo[/MENTION] that is a topic worth its own thread if you want to get some more eyes on it. I can find you dress watches in the middle of that but most people either barely wear them or wear them everyday so that probably why you see the recommendations at such disparity. I have a seiko sarb033 that I use for dress watch duty. Comes it right around $300 and is a great value. It spends most of its time on a vintage styled leather watch for smart casual wear though. If I need it for dress duty I put it on a crock or the pretty great stock stainless steel.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              I have a seiko sarb033 that I use for dress watch duty. Comes it right around $300 and is a great value.
                              THIS. There are a lot of watches to be had between the $100 and $1k price range and I can't recommend that watch enough. You might also want to check out the sarb065 if you can find one, or wait until next month when the new cocktail times become available.

I would advise you take things slowly as you are just getting into watches. Although the Speedmaster is an excellent watch I wouldn't advise any newbie to the watch world to drop that kind of cash right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                                THIS. There are a lot of watches to be had between the $100 and $1k price range and I can't recommend that watch enough. You might also want to check out the sarb065 if you can find one, or wait until next month when the new cocktail times become available.

I would advise you take things slowly as you are just getting into watches. Although the Speedmaster is an excellent watch I wouldn't advise any newbie to the watch world to drop that kind of cash right away.
                                ^^^^AND THIS!!!!

Hamilton Intramatic

Seiko Cocktail Time

Jungans Max Bill

I could go on and on, but as I said earlier, careful, this is addicting! Raw full is offering sage advice above.

Comment

Working...
                                X