This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
    New addition to the collection came in this afternoon. Normally would wear it on its bracelet but the damn screws on it are stubborn so I'll have to get a pro to resize it for me instead.

Love it!! I had the 1st version back in my watch flipping days. Great value, but also just a plain great looking watch!

Comment

[MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] very nice pick up!

Comment

Always liked the white and orange on that Bernhardt. Kind of an Explorer and Milgauss in one. I think he was always sold out of that color combo back when I did most of my watch shopping in that price range or I'd probably have bought one.
        Ben

Comment

Had to go into the office for a meeting today so I broke out one of my "pretty" watches.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Thanks for the feedback guys. A big part of collecting for me is the story/history of the watch. I had been aware of the brand and Fred Amos for a little while but never really knew his story. Turns out that not only did I live down the street from there 9 or so years ago, I even went to the very school that helped birth the company.

I'm really liking the watch so far. For its price it's tough to beat, thinking about doing a little mod work with it. Mainly a re-lume and swapping in some sword hands.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. A big part of collecting for me is the story/history of the watch. I had been aware of the brand and Fred Amos for a little while but never really knew his story. Turns out that not only did I live down the street from there 9 or so years ago, I even went to the very school that helped birth the company.

I'm really liking the watch so far. For its price it's tough to beat, thinking about doing a little mod work with it. Mainly a re-lume and swapping in some sword hands.
              Yeah, my wife is from a little town near there so I plan on getting her one of the lady divers eventually. The stories can be cool.

Comment

Went with the Jazzmaster yesterday

Comment

Went with the new Bremont today. Decided to put it on the velcro strap which I've since found to be one of the most comfortable straps I've ever used.

Comment

I know I really need to mix it up, but I've been wearing this watch pretty much non-stop since picking it up. 1991 Explorer II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                      The wife let me borrow her jeep so I am waiting at the drive through to treat her to lunch. Hamilton and jeep are always a good pair for me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      Love the strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
                        Love the strap.
                        Thanks. It is a natural brown nato I picked up from CheapestNatoStraps a couple of years ago. It has worn in nicely and darkened up.

Does "what watch I wanted to wear today" count? I put on this straight end jubilee I picked up for dirt cheap today. Just wanted to see how I liked the style on this watch before dropping more coin on the nicer StrapCode offerings. I removed all of the removable links and it still doesnt fit. Oh well.

Comment

Still running with the Explorer II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seeing so many Explorers lately. The idea to sell off most of my collection for a second big purchase is getting pretty tempting lately...

Comment

Seeing so many Explorers lately.
                              Speaking of...

Ben

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X