• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying the huldra on an oyster today

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chiconice View Post
      I'm​ not much of a watch guy(I'm shoe afficionado) so I got my first automatic Swiss made watch yesterday. I got the BMW watch because I work for them(since 1999 and I get employee pricing), will be my work watch (I don't wear suits only work polos, and coveralls/lab coats in the workshop) and weekends Unfortunately it is too big for my wrist (42mm) but that is the smallest they had for men and don't have the balls to buy a woman watch. I wanted a watch very classy and get very little attention .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      I work for a BMW dealer franchisee. The BMW accessories for a dealer has a low mark up but service parts have a very high mark up, so I don't want to pissed off any BMW owners in this forum and employee pricing is not easy to give away. I can give you a tip to save $$ and it applies to all BMW dealer departments always buy at the end of the month and ask for a better price(list price, wholesale price, etc.,) I'm not sure how dealer finances work(is not my department) but at the end of the month they care more about sales goals than profit margins and CSI(customer satisfaction index)

Comment

I work for a BMW dealer franchisee. The BMW accessories for a dealer has a low mark up but service parts have a very high mark up, so I don't want to pissed off any BMW owners in this forum and employee pricing is not easy to give away. I can give you a tip to save $$ and it applies to all BMW dealer departments always buy at the end of the month and ask for a better price(list price, wholesale price, etc.,) I'm not sure how dealer finances work(is not my department) but at the end of the month they care more about sales goals than profit margins and CSI(customer satisfaction index)
        dealershiops lease the vehicles ont he lot. if they keep them after the end of the month then they have to make another payment to the dealership on it. At least that is how Ford used to be. Plus sales bonuses are often monthly. I think some dealerships even get better pricing fromt he factory based on volume and sustained volume. It is all more complicated than most would think.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Still quite happy with this guy. Explorer II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That is a deeply attractive timepiece - congrats (on the upcoming wedding too)!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=16462]Amon-Rukh[/MENTION] Very much appreciated.

Comment

Caturday

Ben

Comment

Picked up a used Tag Heuer 4000 from a fellow forum member on WatchUSeek.com. It's interesting wearing a 20 year old watch; they made them a lot smaller back in the 1990's. I think that this one is about 38 mm in diameter and looks small compared to my 2010 Aquaracer, which is about 41 mm in diameter. Having said that, I like how well this one fits under my shirt sleeve.

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                  Picked up a used Tag Heuer 4000 from a fellow forum member on WatchUSeek.com. It's interesting wearing a 20 year old watch; they made them a lot smaller back in the 1990's. I think that this one is about 38 mm in diameter and looks small compared to my 2010 Aquaracer, which is about 41 mm in diameter. Having said that, I like how well this one fits under my shirt sleeve.

That is the perfect size for my wrist. I hope some day smaller watches come in style again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

That is the perfect size for my wrist. I hope some day smaller watches come in style again.
                    In addition to the Tag Heuer, I also have a Citizen sports watch that is about 38mm in width and a rectangular Seiko dress watch that is about 26mm in width. So if things change next week, I'm all set for the upcoming small-watch trend.
                    Last edited by TMann; May 1, 2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I finally did it. Purchased a watch that I've been looking at for a while now. Purchasing it means I need to get rid of something . . . my Speedmaster. I love the look of the Speedmaster but don't like that mine is a newer one with Superluminova that will never patina like the older watches. But I think I really want the 3572 with the display back. So I'll sell mine for my new pick up for now and eventually pick up a 3572.50 Speedy down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        I finally did it. Purchased a watch that I've been looking at for a while now. Purchasing it means I need to get rid of something . . . my Speedmaster. I love the look of the Speedmaster but don't like that mine is a newer one with Superluminova that will never patina like the older watches. But I think I really want the 3572 with the display back. So I'll sell mine for my new pick up for now and eventually pick up a 3572.50 Speedy down the road.
                        Pics???

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          "I finally did it. Purchased a watch that I've been looking at for a while now..."
                          What was the new watch that you purchased?

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] such a tease.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

On the subject of teases, I picked up a new watch as well. Wasn't a big purchase but it fills a void in my collection that was bothering me. Should be coming in the mail today/tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                                [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] such a tease.
                                I'll take pics once it comes in. Should be higher quality than my usual pics since I just purchased a new phone that has a much better camera.

Only hint I will give out is that I've been wanting a blue faced watch for a while and I think the blue on this one looks amazing in person. And you know me - I wouldn't tease out something small.

I've actually picked up a few inexpensive watches recently which I've never gotten around to posting pics of - Maratac Mid, GShock, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                                X