X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    Going with this guy today

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    How do you like those watches? I thought about picking one up a while back, but couldn't decide how I felt about them.

Comment

Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
      How do you like those watches? I thought about picking one up a while back, but couldn't decide how I felt about them.
      It works well for me. Good size, nice styling. Can be tough to read at a glance though. I am a fan of the Paul Newman Daytona and this is as close as I would want to get to it to get the spirit without being a direct homage.

Comment

Orient Ray II with custom brown leather band made for me by one of my coworkers.

Comment

Went with the Invicta for casual Friday. I'm liking this watch more with the white and blue NATO strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sunny day, bright watch

Comment

Getting warm here, so out the Mako on a NATO after considering, maybe, the bracelet.
              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
              --Jason Isbell

Comment

I'm​ not much of a watch guy(I'm shoe afficionado) so I got my first automatic Swiss made watch yesterday. I got the BMW watch because I work for them(since 1999 and I get employee pricing), will be my work watch (I don't wear suits only work polos, and coveralls/lab coats in the workshop) and weekends Unfortunately it is too big for my wrist (42mm) but that is the smallest they had for men and don't have the balls to buy a woman watch. I wanted a watch very classy and get very little attention .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chiconice View Post
                  I'm​ not much of a watch guy(I'm shoe afficionado) so I got my first automatic Swiss made watch yesterday. I got the BMW watch because I work for them(since 1999 and I get employee pricing), will be my work watch (I don't wear suits only work polos, and coveralls/lab coats in the workshop) and weekends Unfortunately it is too big for my wrist (42mm) but that is the smallest they had for men and don't have the balls to buy a woman watch. I wanted a watch very classy and get very little attention .
                  Nice. I like it. Do you work for a BMW dealership? Or for the corporation itself? And can you get any good deals for the members of the Dappered forum?

Comment

Well [MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] here is my latest addition. A 1991 Rolex Explorer II. Purchased in advance of my upcoming wedding but I will always consider it my wedding watch.

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] nice and congrats!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION]. I never thought I'd own a Rolex. I figured my Speedmaster would be it for my watch buying.

Comment

Something a little different today. I just posted this on /r/Watches but figured you guys would find it amusing as well.

An Ode to one-piece NATO/perlon straps

Re-enacted indoors on carpet. Actual incident occurred on a concrete sidewalk

It was a chilly spring evening, and I clamored out of my car, in a rush to get inside to watch the Celtics game.

I pulled my backpack on, first the right strap, then the left.

As my left hand slid past the backpack strap, I felt a strange nudge on my wrist and heard a faint jingling of metal on the cold, grey concrete sidewalk.

By the time I pulled my backpack on and swung my arm up to check my watch, I realized the disaster that had just been narrowly averted.

One of my spring bars had been ripped from its lugs, falling four feet to face the wrath of cruel, heartless concrete.

And yet, miraculously, my actual watch -- my lovely Orient Blue Ray -- hung brazenly still, refusing to join the springbar on the cold sidewalk.

Thanks to the pass-through design of my one-piece perlon strap, the loss of one spring bar had not doomed my watch to a surefire death on the hard concrete.

Flapping about like a bangled bracelet, it remained stubbornly affixed to my wrist as I bent down to pick up my fallen, but intact spring bar.

A quick slotting in of the spring bar and re-threading of the strap, and I was back in business. And here I sit, typing up this random, unnecessary post when I should be getting ready for the work week.

Damn do I love this watch. Maybe one day I'll trick it out with a sapphire crystal and a pepsi dial, but today I celebrate it in all of its quietly confident casual glory.

Oh, and the Celtics tied up the series 2-2. Go Green! Gerald Green.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Well [MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] here is my latest addition. A 1991 Rolex Explorer II. Purchased in advance of my upcoming wedding but I will always consider it my wedding watch.

Very, very, very nice [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]!

Congrats on both the new watch and your future wedding!

Now you are making me want to check how old mine is.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

Comment

My Tag Chrono CAH1012

Comment

My brand new orange Mako on a "Bond" strap.

Comment

Working...
                                X