This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    What is your price point? Do you mind used? I am not selling anything but I am addicted to browsing watch listings. Helping other people spend money feeds my habit without starving my wallet.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Hey there, I'm guessing no more than $200 for this. Figured I'd end up with a Seiko 5 model but certainly open to recommendations. If someone is selling a Tudor Black Bay or something like that for $200, then I'm totally fine with used. Otherwise I think I prefer new, but not categorically against used. This won't be happening anytime soon, though, as I just ordered my first pair of Allen Edmonds and I'm a little, as they say... strapped. =)

Comment

If you want a Seiko and a diver to replace your Casio, the SKX007/9 is a good place to start looking.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by JayS View Post
        Hey there, I'm guessing no more than $200 for this. Figured I'd end up with a Seiko 5 model but certainly open to recommendations. If someone is selling a Tudor Black Bay or something like that for $200, then I'm totally fine with used. Otherwise I think I prefer new, but not categorically against used. This won't be happening anytime soon, though, as I just ordered my first pair of Allen Edmonds and I'm a little, as they say... strapped. =)
        I love my skx007 and 009. If you want a little cheaper, then SNZF17 is a really solid watch for the price. But decent $200 dive watches are fairly numerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sose View Post

Explorer II kind of day today.

This one has incredible sentimental value - it was a wedding gift from my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nice watch and it's great to have a timepiece with sentimentality attached to it. My fiancee was asking me about watches and if she purchased one for me, if I'd wear it daily or just slot the watch in to a rotation with my other timepieces. So I thought I'd ask here. Do you wear your Rolex daily due to the sentimentality of it (and the fact it is a nice watch) or do you wear other watches too?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            Nice watch and it's great to have a timepiece with sentimentality attached to it. My fiancee was asking me about watches and if she purchased one for me, if I'd wear it daily or just slot the watch in to a rotation with my other timepieces. So I thought I'd ask here. Do you wear your Rolex daily due to the sentimentality of it (and the fact it is a nice watch) or do you wear other watches too?

Great question.

It's part of a rotation and my wife doesn't get upset about it. I think she only gets upset when I wear my Panerai because she finds it gaudy (and she's got a point so I might get rid of it).

I think she's just happy to see I don't buy watches and shelf them.

Comment

I love my skx007 and 009. If you want a little cheaper, then SNZF17 is a really solid watch for the price. But decent $200 dive watches are fairly numerous.
              Yeah, I think I should hold out for an SKX. They do seem to be an important rite of passage for any aspiring WIS. Can you speak at all to the quality of the bracelet (if you have one). I've heard lower-end Seiko's come with pretty lousy bracelets. Recommend a good buy/sell board? Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by JayS View Post
                Yeah, I think I should hold out for an SKX. They do seem to be an important rite of passage for any aspiring WIS. Can you speak at all to the quality of the bracelet (if you have one). I've heard lower-end Seiko's come with pretty lousy bracelets. Recommend a good buy/sell board? Thanks for the input!
                I've got the SKX173 (essentially the 007 with square indices rather than round on the 007) - mine came with a rubber strap, so I can't speak to the stock bracelet, but I upgraded to a Strapcode bracelet and love it. This is the style that I got, it's not really an oyster or jubilee, but something in-between:

https://www.amazon.com/Endmill-watch...ords=strapcode

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post
                  I've got the SKX173 (essentially the 007 with square indices rather than round on the 007) - mine came with a rubber strap, so I can't speak to the stock bracelet, but I upgraded to a Strapcode bracelet and love it. This is the style that I got, it's not really an oyster or jubilee, but something in-between:

The president...very nice bracelet. I have an Uncle Seiko on my 007.

Comment

Originally posted by Weathered View Post

Awesome. Bookmarked. Thank you!

Comment

It's a Casio edifice kinda day

Comment

What watch I wore today

Had an afternoon off from work, so I of course spent it working more at home.

Comment

Maratac mid today

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

It's a Casio edifice kinda day

[thumbs-up]

Comment

Maratac mid today
                              I recently picked up the Maratac mid and am wearing it on a black nato. I'm thinking of picking up some different straps for it but can't decide what it would look best on. Do you have any pics of the Maratac on other straps?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I recently picked up the Maratac mid and am wearing it on a black nato. I'm thinking of picking up some different straps for it but can't decide what it would look best on. Do you have any pics of the Maratac on other straps?
                                I don't but I can take some for you. I bought this one specifically for the pilot and haven't changed it since. I have a couple of shades of brown leather, a few colorful natos, a brown perlon, a grey perlon... I think that's it in 20mm.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X