This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Hope you didn't pay too much for that...
    Aw snap.

Comment

Hope you didn't pay too much for that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Ell oh ell... I didn't wanna say anything but I thought that looked a little off (check out how the bracelet connects at the top lugs).
      Ben

Comment

My Monday through Thursday watch. Scratched to hell and dirty but puts a smile on my face.

Comment

Detroit native here. Rose gold Shinola Chronograph. Wasn't sure if I wanted to give them a shot but I'm glad I did. They have high quality leather goods as well. Anyone have anything from them? I know it's a quartz movement but components are still Swiss and assembled in Detroit

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Ell oh ell... I didn't wanna say anything but I thought that looked a little off (check out how the bracelet connects at the top lugs).
            That's what initially made me suspicious as well, and the date window seemed fishy as well. Easy enough to google and find older stock photos direct from Breitling.

I've held my tongue on a few homages, even if I don't really agree with the concept (but respect that others disagree with my opinion), but I'll put my foot down on fakes. There are plenty of watches that stand on their own for the same price you can buy those fakes for. IMO, it's much more respectable to wear a real, affordable than to wear a fake you can't afford.

Comment

All the subdials are wrong too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                All the subdials are wrong too.
                Yeah, needed the photos to figure that out (along with the crown/pushers also being off), as I'm not that familiar with Breitlings.

Comment

That's what initially made me suspicious as well, and the date window seemed fishy as well. Easy enough to google and find older stock photos direct from Breitling.

I've held my tongue on a few homages, even if I don't really agree with the concept (but respect that others disagree with my opinion), but I'll put my foot down on fakes. There are plenty of watches that stand on their own for the same price you can buy those fakes for. IMO, it's much more respectable to wear a real, affordable than to wear a fake you can't afford.
                  Like you said, hopefully they didn't pay too much for that thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Shamrock91 View Post
                    Detroit native here. Rose gold Shinola Chronograph. Wasn't sure if I wanted to give them a shot but I'm glad I did. They have high quality leather goods as well. Anyone have anything from them? I know it's a quartz movement but components are still Swiss and assembled in Detroit

Shinola gets a bad reputation from a lot of WIS, but that is a really nice looking watch.
                    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamrock91 View Post

I own a Shinola. Was it hella overpriced? Yes. Would I have bought it if I weren't trying to help my friend meet a big sales goal? Maybe not. Is it a really nice, solid, attractive watch? Yep.

I've seen a few Shinolas on sale in Nordstrom Rack that are good deals, IMO. I came close to buying a little gold 36mm three-hander actually.
                      Ben

Comment

• Because it's a Tuesday. Omega Speedmaster. Although I confess I don't know where this Speedy Tuesday comes from.
                        (BTW, it looks like there are scratches on the crystal. It's not. Just bad lighting)

[MENTION=9736]C.Dubs[/MENTION] I like that combo of NATO and watch face.

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] nice Rolex. Look forward to seeing what makes your wrist from Friday to Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          [MENTION=9736]C.Dubs[/MENTION] I like that combo of NATO and watch face.
                          Thanks. It's definitely Bond-inspired. Love your Speedy, by the way.

Comment

• 1960s Omega Seamaster today. This was my first mechanical watch.

Comment

• Nice [MENTION=6812]RishiK[/MENTION]. I'd love to pick up a vintage Seamaster.

Comment

• Watch twinsies with [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] today.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X