Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After asking about the Explorer II I figured I'd break out my Invicta homage. Not quite the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[Wrong thread]
      Last edited by SvB_Esq; March 17, 2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
        Congrats on the pickup [MENTION=15111]TMann[/MENTION] !

Pulled out my CW today and went with a perlon strap as I anxiously wait for warmer weather.
        Interesting texture to the strap. More interesting than a NATO. Where did you get it from?

Comment

Celebrating St Patrick's day with my alpinist today!

nice! want to sell it?

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
            Interesting texture to the strap. More interesting than a NATO. Where did you get it from?
            my favorite perlon are the Eulit brand. I bought mine from holben's

http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...roducts.search

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              my favorite perlon are the Eulit brand. I bought mine from holben's

http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com...roducts.search
              Ooh thanks! Shame there's only black available right now for my 22mm Orient Ray. Would you happen to have any 22mm straps you'd be willing to part with?

Comment

Ooh thanks! Shame there's only black available right now for my 22mm Orient Ray. Would you happen to have any 22mm straps you'd be willing to part with?
                Eulit doesnt do much 22mm in perlon. You can try CheapestNatoStraps.com and see how you like them. They are pretty decent but compared to Eulit they feel flimsy. Much more flexible but I like the way a stiffer perlon bends around the lugs. I do have some cheaper ones that I wear int he hot hot months. Very light, the mesh breathes better than a nato and my favorite thing is there are no holes. You just poke the tang through wherever you want so it fits pretty well. Perlon really is my favorite summer month strap.

EDIT - clockwork synergy has a bunch too but I have never used them personally. Good reputation though

https://www.clockworksynergy.com/sho...perlon-straps/

Comment

What watch I wore today

It's an EULIT perlon strap. More specifically it's the "Palma" variant of theirs. Basically is a thick woven NATO. Bought it off eBay.

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] nah b, I'm keeping it

*EDIT* looks like [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] beat me to it. I actually bought mine through Holben's eBay store. Currently they're one of the only US sellers of eulit bands. And yeah, they really don't do much 22mm options. Also FWIW clockwork synergy has decent Perlons considering the price. My only complaint with the one I have from there is that the edge of the band is a bit abrasive/scratchy where you can tell they applied heat to fuse the fibers together.
                  Last edited by Rawfull; March 18, 2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Dang it. I was debating between the Alpinist and a grey dial Certina. Int he time it took me to decide, all of the Alpinists were off the used market. I can still get a new one but I like to bargain shop. I can wait though. Maybe.

Comment

It's an EULIT perlon strap. More specifically it's the "Palma" variant of theirs. Basically is a thick woven NATO. Bought it off eBay.

*EDIT* looks like [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] beat me to it. I actually bought mine through Holben's eBay store. Currently they're one of the only US sellers of eulit bands. And yeah, they really don't do much 22mm options. Also FWIW clockwork synergy has decent Perlons considering the price. My only complaint with the one I have from there is that the edge of the band is a bit abrasive/scratchy where you can tell they applied heat to fuse the fibers together.
                      I'm gonna give a Clockwork Synergy 22mm dark blue perlon a shot. Wish me luck! For $11 I'm sure it'll be fine for a casual beater strap on my diver. Cheers and thank you both!

Comment

It's after midnight and I tired it on so it counts, right? Will wear this tomorow to see how it keeps time now that it is back together.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                          Here's mine. It's often on a NATO, but I'm wearing it on the metal bracelet today:
                          I love this! My husband will surely love this!

Comment

Proud new owner of a Casio Edifice EF503D-1AV! Thanks to a wonderful trade for my Orient Bambino V2

Trimmed an Ilcea museum calf leather band on it to replace the metal bracelet. Amusingly, my wrist fit the metal bracelet perfectly.... Oh well

Comment

Proud new owner of a Casio Edifice EF503D-1AV! Thanks to a wonderful trade for my Orient Bambino V2

Trimmed an Ilcea museum calf leather band on it to replace the metal bracelet. Amusingly, my wrist fit the metal bracelet perfectly.... Oh well

Nice pickup!! Welcome to the handful of us on here who have one of these. :-)

Comment

Yup [MENTION=13307]believe0101[/MENTION]. I own one of these watches too and I must say I gets in the daily rotation on a regular basis. Lovely watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X