Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After wearing it on my DIY chromexcel strap for the past 6 months, I decided to put the metal bracelet back on my Seamaster for a little while. Might stick with this until the weather gets a bit warmer and I switch over to NATOs for the summer months.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
      Congrats on the pickup [MENTION=15111]TMann[/MENTION] !

Pulled out my CW today and went with a perlon strap as I anxiously wait for warmer weather.
      That trident counter-balance gets me every time. Still really like the look of those! Sad that they changed the trident shape on the newer models to a rounder version of it. Not a fan of the new ones.

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] Yeah they changed the tridents a bit, not to mention the ugly new logo

I would love to pickup another CWard sometime down the road but the logo pretty much kills the possibility of buying a new one.

Comment

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            thumbs-up on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
              [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] Yeah they changed the tridents a bit, not to mention the ugly new logo

I would love to pickup another CWard sometime down the road but the logo pretty much kills the possibility of buying a new one.
              I don't mind the new trident so much but I agree on the logo. Old one was better.

Comment

Not a very dappered setting, but this shot shows how nice the lume is on the Seiko Sport 150. It's pretty blurry, but it really captures how bright the hands and markers are.
                Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Anyone able to post images of the old CW logos/watch face and the new side by side?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    Anyone able to post images of the old CW logos/watch face and the new side by side?
                    I don't own any but there are tons of images on Google. The old logo was the "Chr.Ward" towards the 12 position. New is "Christopher Ward" stacked at the 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                      I think it's fairly easy to understand (even if you don't agree with) why people think winding a watch is a hassle. It's another task to do and takes 10-20 seconds out of their day. Many people don't mind spending that time and even enjoy it, but some care about convenience; they prefer quartz watches over mechanical because you don't need to wind your watch and you don't need to set the time nearly as often.
                      Winding my Speedy on days I'm wearing it is not a 'hassle' at all nor does it take time out of my day. I usually wind it when I get to work and am waiting in the elevator or when I'm logging in to my laptop in the morning.

The issue with the manual wind is if you own multiple watches and you don't wear this one for a few days. Then i forget to manually wind it and end up having to reset the time next time I wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        Winding my Speedy on days I'm wearing it is not a 'hassle' at all nor does it take time out of my day. I usually wind it when I get to work and am waiting in the elevator or when I'm logging in to my laptop in the morning.

The issue with the manual wind is if you own multiple watches and you don't wear this one for a few days. Then i forget to manually wind it and end up having to reset the time next time I wear it.
                        that happens on my autos too. I dont mind setting my watch most days but I have to admit that on some days I only pick from what is already set. Either an auto that still has power reserve or a quartz. I also avoid the day complication on autos if I can. I dont even do date if I can.
                        Last edited by idvsego; March 8, 2017, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          Photos grabbed from Google and ChW's website.

Trident pros side by side

Trident vintage. Looks like this is actually the only one with the restyled trident, as well. They kept the sharper, more angular version on the pro.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION]. Annnd as luck would have it the super restrictive firewall at my work isn't allowing me to view the images. <sigh> looks like it'll have to wait until I get home tonight.

Comment

Bit of a long story.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Bit of a long story.

Wow! Is this replacing the green one or have you fallen down the Rolex rabbit hole?

Comment

Working...
                                X