• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet Ocean on the Omega Bond NATO

Comment

Nice [MENTION=15168]MartinM0308[/MENTION]

Comment

Vintage Henri Sandoz mechanical. $8 eBay pick up.

Think I'll keep it.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
        Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
        --Jason Isbell

Comment

Vintage Rolex DateJust 1601, white gold fluted bezel on stainless steel jubilee bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
            Vintage Henri Sandoz mechanical. $8 eBay pick up.

Think I'll keep it.

I do not know anything about the brand or the condition of the watch, but I would say you could much worse for $8. Great find.

Comment

Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
              I do not know anything about the brand or the condition of the watch, but I would say you could much worse for $8. Great find.
              It's in reasonable condition, was allegedly serviced (and for $8, who cares, really?), and I like the shape/size. Real, domed Crystal, and about 35mm, but long lugs makes it wear a little bigger. The bracelet it came on was garbage, so it's on the NATO for now, but will probably look for a leather dress band on sale for it. Maybe. I kind of like it on the NATO.

Sandoz was a blue collar Swiss watch company, Pre quartz revolutuon. I've seen them compared to Timex on watch forums. Brand currently exists as well, but is one of those situations where a name was sold and the new company does not equal the old. A lot were sold in Asia/India and vintage versions are often franken watches, but this was from Florida and is original.
              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
              --Jason Isbell

Comment

Finally got this one back together again.

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
                  It's in reasonable condition, was allegedly serviced (and for $8, who cares, really?), and I like the shape/size. Real, domed Crystal, and about 35mm, but long lugs makes it wear a little bigger...Sandoz was a blue collar Swiss watch company, Pre quartz revolutuon. I've seen them compared to Timex on watch forums.
                  I like it! I enjoy owning and using vintage mechanical items. Your watch has a vintage, but not out-of-date vibe to it. The NATO contributes to that feel, I think.

Comment

Just got this one in the mail: a Junkers Bauhaus Chrono. Never owned a German-made watch before, nor one with a hesalite crystal. As I understand it, these crystals are scratch magnets compared to a mineral or sapphire variety, but the the scratches can be easily polished out with the proper polishing paste. 40mm in diameter, 20mm bracelet; both of those dimensions work well on my smallish wrist.

Comment

I went snorkeling last week in the Caribbean with my Edifice on a NATO strap. The white face just glowed in the sunny, crystal clear, turquoise waters. I tried to take some underwater shots of it with the reef and fish around, but I couldn't get my phone to snap any from inside the waterproof case once I was in the water. :-\ So, no pics to show, but you can imagine it for yourself. It was awesome.

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] I can imagine. Caribbean sounds nice right about now.

Catching up on the forums waiting for a meeting to start and I popped over here. Immediately knew something was wrong. Now I feel naked!

Comment

My first post on the forum. Today was a vintage Omega Constellation Cal. 561. Honestly, it's too small. Feels like a ladies watch on my wrist, but it's so cool I can't leave it in the box.

Comment

Doesn't look too small at all.
                            Ben

Comment

Dress watches aren't meant to be massive -- looks great if you ask me.

Comment

Looks fine to me as well. Nice vintage Omega!

Comment

Working...
                                X