X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheJasonaissance
    replied
    Ugh, I just impulse-purchased a Vostok Amphibia, so now I need to go day trade to offset the expense.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied

Breed chronograph on a ralleye strap. Not bad for less than $100

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by kongmw View Post
    It's the SKX's turn for this week

The red stripe pairs nicely with the soda colors!

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied
    It's the SKX's turn for this week

Leave a comment:

• TheJasonaissance
    replied
    I like that your sleeve also has a nato strap.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but this is what I'm wearing today.

Leave a comment:

• TheJasonaissance
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

That thing does look really sweet on that bracelet! How wide is it? With the all metal construction and the bracelet the same width as the case or about the same, it has the look of a (non-watch) bracelet. Maybe it would be good with suit separates or a sportcoat?
    Thanks! It's a 19mm band, so it's a bit narrow, but the metal bracelet basically doubles the bulk and weight of the leather strap, so it's definitely different. I'm wearing it today (not over the sleeve of my shirt).

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    The Reverso on quill ostrich. I typically wear this one as a casual watch so it lives most of the time on this strap...

However, it dresses up nicely with a swap to black leather.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheJasonaissance View Post
    That thing does look really sweet on that bracelet! How wide is it? With the all metal construction and the bracelet the same width as the case or about the same, it has the look of a (non-watch) bracelet. Maybe it would be good with suit separates or a sportcoat?

Leave a comment:

• TheJasonaissance
    replied
    This week I swapped the leather band off my 20 year old Citizen tank watch (the watch is 20 years old, not the band, that's maybe 2 years old?), I decided to try a metal bracelet band for the first time on this watch (sorry, the protective plastic sheathing is still on the band in the photo below). I kinda like it for pure function, but my wife says it looks less dressy. I can't disagree with her, she's right, buuut...I typically only wear this watch with a suit, so maybe the metal band makes it a bit more casual and I'll move it a bit into the day-to-day rotation. Ultimately, I love this watch, it has a lot of sentimental value and it's got a good classic vibe. I can always swap it out for a leather band again later.

https://imgur.com/a/Ar6vdPs

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    kongmw Good on ya for rotating the watches. I've pretty much settled on my Garmin 235. I am doing a lot more sitting these days, so the watch has a 'move' function that if I don't get up over X amount of time, it prompts me to get up and move. That said, I do miss wearing a nice watch daily. I don't think I am a 'smart' watch kinda guy.
    Despite my change in schedule during this pandemic, I'm still a compulsive swapper... usually two per day (day/eve) and often more on the weekends. It's a disorder...

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    kongmw Good on ya for rotating the watches. I've pretty much settled on my Garmin 235. I am doing a lot more sitting these days, so the watch has a 'move' function that if I don't get up over X amount of time, it prompts me to get up and move. That said, I do miss wearing a nice watch daily. I don't think I am a 'smart' watch kinda guy.

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied

Trying to do the one watch per week rotation to give everybody a fair amount of wrist time...

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    Keeping the wristie thread rolling with an oldie but goodie - the Orvis chrono on assolutamente

That blue really pops!

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. Nice watch @minty007!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X