This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
    just arrived in the mail, is this too large on my wrists? 43 mm on 6.5 in wrist

http://imgur.com/Hf6fClt
    On the larger side, but that's ok for a casual watch so long as it feels comfortable when on your wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
      On the larger side, but that's ok for a casual watch so long as it feels comfortable when on your wrist.
      I will have to agree. Looks like the lugs are extending just a smidge which some people would say is a sign it's too big. In the end it's all about comfort, if it fits comfortably on your wrist then go ahead and wear it.

If it helps I also have a 6.5inch (ish) wrist and I've worn 43mm watches before just fine. What I like to look for is the lug to lug measurement of a watch. In general I've found 48mm to be the max for me which is why I usually go for the 40mm or lower size dials.

Nice pickup btw! I really like the white dial. It's a shame that they changed their logo yet again, I liked the logo as it was.

Comment

thanks for the input [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION]

it measures in at 51.5 mm lug to lug, and even though i normally wear 43 mm watches, it wears a bit bigger. think the thickness (13.1 mm) and exterior bezel make it seem larger than it appears. for the price (it would be the most expensive watch i have to date) and with free returns (i did have to pay for inbound shipping), it will be going back, sadly. i love the white dial. shame it's sold out in this style in the 38 mm, however all the 38 mm use 20 mm straps only, so that would have been annoying.

Comment

[MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] Looks intentionally big, not oversized at all. Also, apropos of little: I've always loved those C. Ward divers, but I'm not sure I need another diver after the Seamaster.
          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
            just arrived in the mail, is this too large on my wrists? 43 mm on 6.5 in wrist

http://imgur.com/Hf6fClt
            Just a smidge large, if you like the watch I wouldn't mind it. Out of curiousity, what's wrong with a 20mm lug width on the 38mm?
            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
              Just a smidge large, if you like the watch I wouldn't mind it. Out of curiousity, what's wrong with a 20mm lug width on the 38mm?
              I like to keep my diver on a nato strap and all my nato straps are 22 mm

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] Looks intentionally big, not oversized at all. Also, apropos of little: I've always loved those C. Ward divers, but I'm not sure I need another diver after the Seamaster.
                The larger sizing of those C Wards is a major reason why I ended up with a Seamaster.

Comment

[MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] I agree with some of the others here. The watch does look big, but not HUGE. If it feels comfortable and you like wearing the watch, go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION] I agree with some of the others here. The watch does look big, but not HUGE. If it feels comfortable and you like wearing the watch, go for it.
                    drop in price again on the watch, if C Ward price matches I'll probably just keep it!

Comment

Doing some studying

Comment

if anybody is looking for a white Casio ef503 for a good price, I saw one posted for $70 over here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchan...7a_white_dial/

Comment

Liking the Quadrato more on the black strap:

Comment

About to head out for a guys night.

Comment

Little more casual today:

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/c0UI2Il.jpg?1

Christopher Ward

Comment

Working...