This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sethtvaughn View Post
    Probably one of my favorite watches since picking it up on the Forums a couple of months back.

Is that a FFF strap?
    It is. Dublin Ale Button Stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
      It is. Dublin Ale Button Stud.
      I have a couple of their straps. I'll have to give them a try. I like the way it looks on yours.

Comment

• Invicta homage to the great Explorer. I know it's not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Invicta homage to the great Explorer. I know it's not the same.
          Is that quartz or auto?
          Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
          Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
          --Jason Isbell

Comment

• [MENTION=13969]BillN[/MENTION] Quartz. And the bezel is fixed. I knew what I was getting in to when I purchased the watch but I was looking for a summer-ish watch that wouldn't break the bank. It doesn't see a lot of wrist time, but since [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] was showing pics of his watch, I thought I'd put mine on for comparison sake.

Comment

[MENTION=13969]BillN[/MENTION] Quartz. And the bezel is fixed. I knew what I was getting in to when I purchased the watch but I was looking for a summer-ish watch that wouldn't break the bank. It doesn't see a lot of wrist time, but since [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] was showing pics of his watch, I thought I'd put mine on for comparison sake.
              For what it's worth, the Exp II also has a fixed bezel

Comment

• That I did not know.

Comment

[MENTION=13969]BillN[/MENTION] Quartz. And the bezel is fixed. I knew what I was getting in to when I purchased the watch but I was looking for a summer-ish watch that wouldn't break the bank. It doesn't see a lot of wrist time, but since [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] was showing pics of his watch, I thought I'd put mine on for comparison sake.
                  It's pretty sharp looking, and it looks like a good match on overall size. I have a smaller wrist--my Mako is pushing it, and I'm seeking out smaller divers, but I prefer auto movements and Rolex isn't in my budget.
                  --Jason Isbell

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Originally posted by BillN View Post
                      I have a smaller wrist--my Mako is pushing it, and I'm seeking out smaller divers, but I prefer auto movements and Rolex isn't in my budget.
                      Citizen NH8050-01E: 40mm diameter; automatic movement; no longer in production so they're a bit hard to find. Cool dolphin engraving on the back of the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        Lume is overrated for the most part, for me. Best lume I have lasts like 30 minutes. When you are camping, that doesnt cut it. I keep these a couple of timex around for just that kind of use.
                        I've found good lume on Citizens and Seikos (even my wife's Seiko chrono, which has pretty small lume dots, is easily readable all night), but I'll probably pick up a Waterbury anyway, because nothing compares to Indiglo.

Comment

• This is a shameless plug, but all of this FFF Button Stud talk lately has prompted me to list my other (new and unworn) natural colored one for sale on the FS forums. PM me if you're interested.

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...621#post262621

Natural compared to my Dublin Ale one on my watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMann View Post
                            Citizen NH8050-01E: 40mm diameter; automatic movement; no longer in production so they're a bit hard to find. Cool dolphin engraving on the back of the case.

Thanks!

I like that a lot. Saving an eBay search!
                            --Jason Isbell

Comment

• just arrived in the mail, is this too large on my wrists? 43 mm on 6.5 in wrist

http://imgur.com/Hf6fClt

Comment

• Originally posted by BillN View Post
                                I have a smaller wrist--my Mako is pushing it, and I'm seeking out smaller divers, but I prefer auto movements and Rolex isn't in my budget.

Here's mine, Citizen NY2300. 40mm, handwinds. Out of production, but a ton are on eBay, both pepsi and all black.

Comment

Working...
                                X