This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Came across this during my morning travels and thought I'd post it here incase others missed it: http://gearpatrol.com/2016/11/24/bes...-every-budget/
    Interesting read, I laughed a bit at "Any time you buy a watch, you want every dollar of your purchase to carry the weight of both tradition and innovation while also being a point of pride on your wrist. But when you reach the $50,000 range, you also become an investor." I guess technically that's not wrong but I certainly wouldn't want to be called an investor in an area where my expected return is negative...
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

• Left the house in a hurry. Oops.

Comment

• Originally posted by Token View Post
        Interesting read, I laughed a bit at "Any time you buy a watch, you want every dollar of your purchase to carry the weight of both tradition and innovation while also being a point of pride on your wrist. But when you reach the $50,000 range, you also become an investor." I guess technically that's not wrong but I certainly wouldn't want to be called an investor in an area where my expected return is negative...
        Yeah I don't really buy in to the investor line of thought either.

Comment

• Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          Left the house in a hurry. Oops.

*shuns*
          Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            *shuns*
            I know, but I fixed it. My daughter loves the indigo at bedtime so these are an evening ritual.

Comment

My daughter loves the indigo at bedtime so these are an evening ritual.
              My kids are obsessed with lume. When I had chronos, those were also good for kid entertainment. I mean, mom's earrings still blow both out of the water, but I do what I can.

Comment

• The indiglo was definitely the most exciting part of my watch when I was a kid. I remember when I got older that I was surprised and disappointed that this feature is not actually standard on "nicer" watches than Timex.
                Ben

Comment

Yep - traded my GMT Master IIc for it, just read back a few pages
                  Gotta say (not that it mattes one way or the other) I like the look of the Explorer more than the GMT Master IIc.

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] yeah I didn't necessarily agree with everything they posted/reviewed too. But as you pointed out, I think that had more to do with my style/tastes then anything else. I'm always interested in seeing/reading what other people like and think are good timepieces to own too.

Comment

• Comment

The indiglo was definitely the most exciting part of my watch when I was a kid. I remember when I got older that I was surprised and disappointed that this feature is not actually standard on "nicer" watches than Timex.
                      My mind was blown when indiglo first came out on watches. The upgrade from those crappy, tiny, dim orange lights in old school digital watches was just insane. I couldn't wait to get a Timex that had it, (which I don't think I ever got). Admittedly, for night viewing, it still is extremely convenient. I often wish I had it on my watches at night these days, but I still don't own a Timex! haha

Comment

• Lume is overrated for the most part, for me. Best lume I have lasts like 30 minutes. When you are camping, that doesnt cut it. I keep these a couple of timex around for just that kind of use.

Comment

• Wearing this today.

Comment

• [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] still a nice watch. I put mine up for sale and when I refused every single offer I realized I just need to keep it.

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] still a nice watch. I put mine up for sale and when I refused every single offer I realized I just need to keep it.
                              haha that's usually a good sign that you shouldn't be selling it!

Comment

• What watch I wore today

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post

Wearing this today.
                                Probably one of my favorite watches since picking it up on the Forums a couple of months back.

Is that a FFF strap?

Comment

Working...
                                X