Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel as though my posts here have gotten pretty boring. Still wearing the GS. Bonus points for the puppy though right?

Comment

• Cold day!

Comment

• What watch I wore today

Heh it was unusually warm here. Hit 50 today!

Nice watch btw[emoji106]

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
          I feel as though my posts here have gotten pretty boring. Still wearing the GS. Bonus points for the puppy though right?

Nothing wrong with sporting the GS. Nothing boring about it!

Also regarding the Speedy from Fratello, I think that it is a nice looking watch. Due to the limited numbers made though, it might be a pricey purchase when the time comes. Still a good looking watch though.

Comment

• Thanks! I kind of miss having an ever revolving rotation but I find myself sticking to this one more and more.

Yeah these speedys will probably be a little pricey on the pre-owned market. I have a thing for limited editions though.

GS is also from a limited run.

Comment

• Went with the FFF color 8 CXL button stud strap and the new Seiko for the first time today. Not sure how I feel about the combo so any comments/advice would be welcome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Came across this during my morning travels and thought I'd post it here incase others missed it: http://gearpatrol.com/2016/11/24/bes...-every-budget/

Comment

• Originally posted by bishopcraiga View Post

Went with the FFF color 8 CXL button stud strap and the new Seiko for the first time today. Not sure how I feel about the combo so any comments/advice would be welcome.

Looks good. I think button stud works well with field watches.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    Came across this during my morning travels and thought I'd post it here incase others missed it: http://gearpatrol.com/2016/11/24/bes...-every-budget/
                    Read the first 2 price points. Not stupid choices. Braun was a surprise. And I owned the victorinox gmt for a hot minute. I wouldn't label it rugged at all. I bought for $260 and thought I overpaid. If gmt is that important, the timex 3gmt is a solid cheap choice.

I will keep reading it later. Cool find.

Comment

Went with the FFF color 8 CXL button stud strap and the new Seiko for the first time today. Not sure how I feel about the combo so any comments/advice would be welcome.

From what I see in the picture it looks good to me. I think that style of strap is great on a field watch and the colors seem to all be working with each other.

Comment

• Ben

Comment

I think it looks pretty good. I actually went straight to FFF to price check similar bands for my own Seiko5 after seeing your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Is that Explorer new? I could've sworn I hadn't seen it in your posts before.
                            Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

• Yep - traded my GMT Master IIc for it, just read back a few pages
                              Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                                Came across this during my morning travels and thought I'd post it here incase others missed it: http://gearpatrol.com/2016/11/24/bes...-every-budget/
                                Not bad, and relatively well done. I tend to disagree on quite a few of their choices, but that has more to do with personal preferences than anything. Only other note is that I find the jump from <$10k to <$50k rough; having the Daytona in the same group as a Lange 1 is hardly fair. I'd probably have either an added <$20k range (e.g., Daytona, entry level holy trinity, complications from lower brands) or split the baby with moving the <$10k up to <$15k or something, as there are quite a few ~$12k watches that really fit more with the <$10k bucket, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X