Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not so much avoiding hassle per se as avoiding fraud/minimizing risk. PayPal has always been notoriously biased toward buyers regarding dispute resolution, almost always requiring a seller to accept a return for a full refund regardless of the circumstances or the parties' own prior agreement otherwise. Recently (in the past year or so) PP extended its claim deadline from 45 days after the transaction to 180 days (6 months). So a buyer can now effectively take your watch, beat it to shit for six months, change their mind, and have a virtual guarantee that PP will refund them and force the seller to accept a return of the "defective" product. That's just one variation on possible PP fraud... there are many other schemes a dishonest buyer could try that could potentially result in you ending up with neither watch nor money at the end of the day.

So the only legitimately safe way for a seller to handle these transactions is to demand something like payment by wire transfer, which will obviously scare off a lot of buyers, or just be incredibly picky about only selling to buyers with outstanding reputations in the WIS community, who comprise a rather small fraction of potential buyers.

I'm willing to accept some risk with a (relatively) inexpensive watch but I'm not keen on gambling with $6,500. I'm not going to miss paying my bills if I lose that money but I ain't a charity for watch thieves either.
    Ben

Comment

• Welp

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Welp

Problem solved. Nice looking watch

Comment

• Haha that answers that. Nice [emoji106]

Comment

Welp

That didn't take long ;-)
            Compliments the OP nicely.

Comment

Welp

Wow. Damn nice looking watch. I have the Invicta homage but if definitely isn't the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                Wow. Damn nice looking watch. I have the Invicta homage but if definitely isn't the same thing.
                I just googled the Invicta clone and they didn't even do the hands/markers in black!

y u no homage right Invicta?!

Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                  So I had some down time at work today and was poking around the internet. Popped over to fratello watches for speedy Tuesday. Saw that they got their very own limited edition speedmaster! Might have to try picking one of these up in a couple years. Not quite sold on all the lume going on but I love the reverse panda dial. What do you guys think?
                  I think that looks awesome! Yes, the lume is over the top, but overall, the white-on-black dial looks great. If I had a spare 5400 Swiss Francs, (excluding 8% Swiss sales taxes), just laying around, I'd try to pick one up. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                    I think that looks awesome! Yes, the lume is over the top, but overall, the white-on-black dial looks great. If I had a spare 5400 Swiss Francs, (excluding 8% Swiss sales taxes), just laying around, I'd try to pick one up. haha
                    Wouldn't matter, the reservations were booked up for it ASAP (aka it sold out). Not entirely sold on the panda or lume on this particular watch, but the radial subdials are really neat and I like that it's got the brushed matte finish vs. polished.

Comment

• Really liking this odd little number.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                        Really liking this odd little number.

I really like that watch, i'm a big fan of square faced watches and after getting my first Tissot a little while ago I am quickly becoming a fan of the brand. Love the way they did the date window on that one too

Comment

I just googled the Invicta clone and they didn't even do the hands/markers in black!

y u no homage right Invicta?!
                          I bought the watch thinking I would wear it much more often than I do. Like maybe as a summer beater with shorts and a polo or something like that. Right now I have the watch on a NATO strap but it doesn't see much wrist time. We it an authentic Rolex, then that would undoubtedly change.

Comment

• One of the watches I probably don't wear enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Me27 View Post
                              I really like that watch, i'm a big fan of square faced watches and after getting my first Tissot a little while ago I am quickly becoming a fan of the brand. Love the way they did the date window on that one too
                              I've been surprised how it's grown on me. I wasn't sure I'd like the "exploding" indices or the date position, based on web pics, but in person it's much more staid. This is my first Tissot, but there's a quartz Carson (non-chrono) I've been eyeing for a while. Heaven help me if it shows up on WUS for a song like this Quadrato did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                                So I had some down time at work today and was poking around the internet. Popped over to fratello watches for speedy Tuesday. Saw that they got their very own limited edition speedmaster! Might have to try picking one of these up in a couple years. Not quite sold on all the lume going on but I love the reverse panda dial. What do you guys think?
                                Those were all gone in a matter of hours. Only approximately 2,000 pieces were made available yesterday. A good looking watch for sure. Speedmaster is a classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X