X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The newest member of the family.

Comment

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] My CW Trident Vintage is now up for sale...
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] My CW Trident Vintage is now up for sale...
        Ah, damn... And I just started Pogue shopping. Decisions decisions...

Comment

Swapped back to the bracelet today.

Comment

Hamilton yesterday. Haven't decided on today's watch yet.

Comment

As I've been thinking about selling my GMT Master II, I've come across an opportunity to possibly do a trade with a local watchmaking business for a mint condition, late '90s Polar Explorer II. I'd be taking a big hit in terms of value but it would save me the gamble of selling a $6,500 watch online, particularly given how open to buyer fraud PayPal policies have become (180 day claims period? Give me a break!).

The older Explorer has some appeal as it lacks the blingy elements of the GMT Master II (no polished center links, no polished ceramic bezel) and should wear smaller and more comfortably with a smaller crown and lighter, thinner, pre-maxi case.

And because threads are useless without them:

Ben

Comment

As I've been thinking about selling my GMT Master II, I've come across an opportunity to possibly do a trade with a local watchmaking business for a mint condition, late '90s Polar Explorer II. I'd be taking a big hit in terms of value but it would save me the gamble of selling a $6,500 watch online, particularly given how open to buyer fraud PayPal policies have become (180 day claims period? Give me a break!).

The older Explorer has some appeal as it lacks the blingy elements of the GMT Master II (no polished center links, no polished ceramic bezel) and should wear smaller and more comfortably with a smaller crown and lighter, thinner, pre-maxi case.

Great watch but also a difficult proposition vs. the relative values. As you mention, you likely are losing a decent size chunk of value, but also does simplify things a bit. The real question is whether you have other places for that $6,500 to be used, and/or if you'll get use from the Exp2 despite your one direction watch OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How bout those Tigers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What watch I wore today

So I had some down time at work today and was poking around the internet. Popped over to fratello watches for speedy Tuesday. Saw that they got their very own limited edition speedmaster! Might have to try picking one of these up in a couple years. Not quite sold on all the lume going on but I love the reverse panda dial. What do you guys think?

Comment

I really like it (big fan of pandas and reverse pandas), not bothered by the novelty lume (in pics at least), but not sure about the metallic hands. The simplicity of the white hands/markers and matte black dial is one of the main reasons I like the Speedy. Though I do get why they would go for metallic hands for greater contrast against the white subdials.
                      Ben

Comment

I majorly dig the Polar Explorer II. What would they sell it to you (i.e., how big a value hit are we talking about here)?

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                          I majorly dig the Polar Explorer II. What would they sell it to you (i.e., how big a value hit are we talking about here)?
                          I could probably sell the GMT for $6,500. Seller has the Explorer II listed at $5,600 but that is overpriced, going rate is probably closer to $4,800-$5,200 and I saw some listings within the past year or so as low as $3,800. So, in terms of pure resale value I could be losing close to a couple grand. This seller is an actual watch shop and does provide a one year warranty, though, so that's something.
                          Ben

Comment

It's all relative to your personal financial situation but, to me, $1,300 seems like a high price just to avoid the hassle of an internet sale. However, my most expensive watch is a Casio.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Unfortunately with the state of PayPal/eBay right now it's not so much a hassle but increasingly risky with higher priced items. Current policies are very unforgiving for sellers and there are some real horror stories of people selling things and getting royally f***** from people abusing the system.

Comment

Which is why most "trusted sellers" on the watch forums only accept bank wire.

Kind of off topic, but still yet somewhat related. It sucks for the casual watch "flipper" trying to sell a watch every now and then, as most people on the main forums will just overlook you and go right to a "trusted seller" even if their price is higher.

LBD - have you contacted DavidSW or takuya to see what they would offer you for the GMT?

Comment

Working...
                                X