X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orient Ray on a grey Clockwork Synergy NATO strap

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
      Wearing my Seiko SPC079 today (the photo is from yesterday, but we're doing a second day with this watch.) The Seiko came on a NATO strap, but is currently wearing a silver mesh bracelet. I'm not sure if the bracelet will stay; I'm thinking that a light brown leather band may work better, but we'll see how it goes.

I miss that watch a little.

Comment

Hamilton Khaki stock strap.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

What WE wore today. My casio and her seiko. I can't remember the model but it was the first watch I bought her and she wears it often.

Comment

All this talk of grey NATO straps makes me think I need to look in to getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lukeduke View Post
              Orient Ray on a grey Clockwork Synergy NATO strap

Makes me want to get a blue bezeled watch. I like how it's not a bright blue, like some watches I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

[MENTION=15657]Sand1982[/MENTION] nice vintage watch. Any plans to take it in for service and put a new strap on it?
                Not as yet DocDave. I need to find the time to do a little research first. Any suggestions on who would be best to turn to?

Comment

I had a minor watch emergency that is now resolved. Headed up to my family cabin right after work yesterday (Friday). I thought I was packed and ready but when I got here I realized the only watch I had was the one I was wearing - my Speedy Pro on leather NATO. Not a watch I'm gonna wear in and around the water.

Anyway we headed into town this morning to run a quick errand and I am so OCD about watch-wearing that I decided to hit up Wally World for a cheap something to have on my wrist. Ended up spotting the much-discussed MDV-106 in the watch case so I had to try it out. I actually like it a lot, though it is just barely wearable on my small wrist.

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    I had a minor watch emergency that is now resolved. Headed up to my family cabin right after work yesterday (Friday). I thought I was packed and ready but when I got here I realized the only watch I had was the one I was wearing - my Speedy Pro on leather NATO. Not a watch I'm gonna wear in and around the water.

Anyway we headed into town this morning to run a quick errand and I am so OCD about watch-wearing that I decided to hit up Wally World for a cheap something to have on my wrist. Ended up spotting the much-discussed MDV-106 in the watch case so I had to try it out. I actually like it a lot, though it is just barely wearable on my small wrist.

It looks like you have a hockey puck on your wrist.

Comment

Meh. No lug overhang, no care.
                      Ben

Comment

Weekend means a little more casual. Timex Waterbury on a NATO

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] nice watch. I really enjoy my Casio. I'm surprised you were able to find it in a brick and mortar store. I had to order mine from Amazon. Are you going to keep the strap or switch it out for something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION], I was surprised to see it in-store as well. Especially since this is kind of a nowhere town - not somewhere you'd think they'd stock anything out of the ordinary.

Since this watch has assumed lake beater status, I will keep it on the stock resin. I love NATOs but rubber/resin/silicone dries super fast and it's easier to clean off sand/sunscreen/general lake grime. Plus I find NATOs often make a big watch sit higher on the wrist, and therefore wear bigger. Not something I need with this watch.

Quick snap alongside the watch whose bacon it's saving....

Ben

Comment

Good call BTW on picking up a beater watch for the cabin/weekend. Gotta keep the Speedy in good shape. My instincts tell me the Casio will hold up well.

Comment

Wore this for a week straight at the shore. Great summer watch.

Comment

That Citizen reminds me of my Seiko SKZ007. Or is SKX007? I can never remember. Regardless, nice watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X