This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    i really depends ont he rest of your rotation and personal preferences of course, but I like the omega better.
    Seconded, in all respects.

Comment

Currently, these are my only 2. Well, I have a G-Shock also, but you get my point.

The PO, as I am sure you are aware, is a big watch. Not in diameter (I have the 42mm version), but in height. And it is heavy. And there are no micro adjustment options on the bracelet, so it is very difficult to get a perfect fit. Which, I can't for the life of me understand why they would not have added this feature on a watch at that price point.

It holds a little bit of sentimental value, as it was my first "nice" watch, but to be honest, I don't think I would be upset if I didn't have it anymore. I would rather pick up a Speedy or new release 214270 Explorer with the lume 3-6-9 numerals.

Comment

Originally posted by .brian. View Post
        Currently, these are my only 2. Well, I have a G-Shock also, but you get my point.

The PO, as I am sure you are aware, is a big watch. Not in diameter (I have the 42mm version), but in height. And it is heavy. And there are no micro adjustment options on the bracelet, so it is very difficult to get a perfect fit. Which, I can't for the life of me understand why they would not have added this feature on a watch at that price point.

It holds a little bit of sentimental value, as it was my first "nice" watch, but to be honest, I don't think I would be upset if I didn't have it anymore. I would rather pick up a Speedy or new release 214270 Explorer with the lume 3-6-9 numerals.
        Yeah, comfort is a big deal so I totally understand your preference for the rolex. No Micro? That's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          Yeah, comfort is a big deal so I totally understand your preference for the rolex. No Micro? That's insane.
          That is weird. Brings to mind LBD's comments about the quartz AT bracelet. Apparently, Omega believes beauty is pain (or at least discomfort).

Comment

Correct, no microadjustments. They do have the 1/2 link, but still, not being able to fine tune the fit of a watch at that price point is kind of crazy. I thought it fit me pretty well, but after using the Glidelock system on the Rolex, I now know what comfort feels like.

Don't get me wrong, the PO is a very solid watch and I have been happy with it. But after wearing the Submariner, the difference is night and day in terms of comfort and overall "wearability". Honestly, if I had more of a diverse collection, I probably wouldn't even consider getting rid of it.

Comment

Correct, no microadjustments. They do have the 1/2 link, but still, not being able to fine tune the fit of a watch at that price point is kind of crazy. I thought it fit me pretty well, but after using the Glidelock system on the Rolex, I now know what comfort feels like.

Don't get me wrong, the PO is a very solid watch and I have been happy with it. But after wearing the Submariner, the difference is night and day in terms of comfort and overall "wearability". Honestly, if I had more of a diverse collection, I probably wouldn't even consider getting rid of it.
              If you don't need the money, I'd hold on to it for now. I'm definitely more of a fan of the Sub vs the PO, the Sub being a lot more versatile and a much easier wear. However the PO does have a more casual appeal and was your first nice watch. I'd opt to build around those two instead of swapping.

And side note, Glidelock is gods gift to us all. Hard for me to imagine wearing a steel bracelet watch without it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the microadjustment clasp is only on the newer seamasters. My seamaster 300 has it. But yeah it is kind of strange how features don't necessarily go up with the price. For ex., vast majority of PP movements don't have hacking seconds, which is something that the vast majority of watches have. Whether you believe PP's reason for not having it is another thing, but it is funny that a common feature you see on a $200 watch is absent from a $20,000 watch.
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

People don't wear these right? This was a gift to a 17-year-old me that's just been sitting around for a looooooooong time (more than 15 years, less than 20). Did I mention that I'm not a "watch guy."

Comment

^I like that Citizen watch. Why not wear it? If the bracelet is too much you can tone it down with a strap.

Speaking of bracelets, I've never understood luxury watches without micro-adjustable bracelets. My Rolex OP has Rolex's most entry level bracelet (no glide lock, no easy link) but it still has 3 hidden micro adjustments in the clasp. Easy to find a perfect fit.

Rolex's bracelet screw pins are also a lot easier to deal with than Omega's.
                    Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2422]jonATL[/MENTION] two tone isn't too popular these days but I am a firm believer in "wear what you want"

Comment

Thanks, guys. Maybe I'll wait until it's back in style to sell it. Another two decades?

Comment

What watch I wore today

Micro adjustments are everything on a bracelet. It's weird how some watch makers exclude such and option. Take Seiko for instance. Their divers have it but my Grand Seiko doesn't. Lucky for me it fits near perfect with just a couple links taken out. Would have been very disappointed if it didn't.

FWIW I like the Rolex more than the PO. I've tried on the 42mm PO and at nearly 15mm thick it was way too tall on my wrist.

Comment

My daily wearer. Hard for pics to do it justice

Comment

[MENTION=12929]ajs116[/MENTION] I love that watch

Comment

Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
                                My daily wearer. Hard for pics to do it justice
                                Orient watches look best without a power reserve cluttering the dial. Looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X