Clear All

• minty007
    replied
    Back to this one today

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by Dapper_B View Post
    Anyone else having trouble attaching photos? And is this Forum no longer in tapatalk?
    Unfortunately, no more tapatalk since early May:

https://threads.dappered.com/forum/e...loud#post23597

I've had good luck with imgbb for free photo hosting.

Leave a comment:

• Dapper_B
    replied
    Anyone else having trouble attaching photos? And is this Forum no longer in tapatalk?

Leave a comment:

• PlatoonDaddy
    replied
    My GShock Carbon Core 2000. Won't let me post an attachment

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Nice.

Happy Monday all!

Last edited by carlitos; July 13, 2020, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post

I should pick one up, as a white-face, quartz everyday watch. Maybe with the red band. Fond memories of Interlaken and wandering around Alps as a youth. Thanks.
    Red suits it well. Mondaine makes a good red strap that I picked up when I originally bought the watch. I also occasionally put it on this sharkskin:

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    The Helson shark brasso on a tropic

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post

It's a versatile, great feeling watch on the wrist... but yes, I find a lot of entertainment just watching the second hand / minute change throughout the day. It always reminds me of special moments spent with my family while on vacation in Switzerland.
    I should pick one up, as a white-face, quartz everyday watch. Maybe with the red band. Fond memories of Interlaken and wandering around Alps as a youth. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• castle
    replied
    Had the new DOXA Sub on today. Really liking this one a lot.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by carlitos View Post

I feel like I would never tire of watching the seconds-hand so it’s thing at the top of each minute. Is it really cool on your wrist? Are you entertained?
    It's a versatile, great feeling watch on the wrist... but yes, I find a lot of entertainment just watching the second hand / minute change throughout the day. It always reminds me of special moments spent with my family while on vacation in Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• carlitos
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    The Stop2Go today

I feel like I would never tire of watching the seconds-hand so it’s thing at the top of each minute. Is it really cool on your wrist? Are you entertained?

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    The Stop2Go today

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. That albino Rolex is almost enough to take my breath away. What a beautiful watch.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by dc_slicker View Post

ha, i was just going to say that it looks a lot like Rolex... almost a knock off.
    Not familiar with this brand... safe to assume it just a company that takes iconic watches and tried to imitate them so it looks like one wears rolex?
    There are several brands out there with that marketing philosophy, but Helson isn't one of them. Helson is a microbrand that built their name on creating high value tool watches for divers. I also have one of their dive watches in brass that I've been very happy with - unique and built like a tank. They have more recently added a few tribute watches to their lineup, like the GMT. But no one who knows Rolex's vintage models (I own a handful) - would ever mistake the Helsons for "knock offs".

Here's the legendary Albino Rolex GMT 6542 that served as an inspiration for the Helson GMT. As you can see, despite the similar color schemes, they are very different watches.

Leave a comment:

• Publius
    replied
    My first watch acquisition since the pandemic gong show started.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X