This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    This one is 40/21 but the crowns are big. I have a 6.5" wrist and it wears smaller than my obris morgan and why smaller than the Mdv106 it replaced

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Really? I thought that model was 44. You're gonna make me regret picking up my new Citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
      Really? I thought that model was 44. You're gonna make me regret picking up my new Citizen.
      The older version (MDV102) was smaller than the current MDV106... however it's also discontinued and impossible to find new (at least last time I checked).
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        The older version (MDV102) was smaller than the current MDV106... however it's also discontinued and impossible to find new (at least last time I checked).
        yeah, I lucked up on this one for $50 and it is still a little beat. Mainly some scratches on the crystal. But is is my true beater so I dont care. maybe one day I will try to polish them out but for now, I am good.

Comment

Trying out an old C&B strap that doesn't get as much use as it should. Enjoying the combo so far.

Comment

I like it

Comment

Haven't posted for a while. Going with Tag Heuer Kirium F1 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, it's just that I saw a used 102 for sale the other day and it got snapped up before I had made up my mind not to buy it. I couldn't actually regret the new Citizen. Even at 44mm, it wears more comfortably than the 40mm Scurfa I had a while back (offset crown, 20mm lugs, thinner profile) and the lume doesn't need any help from LEDs. Definitely see why this model quickly became ubiquitous on WUS.

Comment

Yeah, it's just that I saw a used 102 for sale the other day and it got snapped up before I had made up my mind not to buy it. I couldn't actually regret the new Citizen. Even at 44mm, it wears more comfortably than the 40mm Scurfa I had a while back (offset crown, 20mm lugs, thinner profile) and the lume doesn't need any help from LEDs. Definitely see why this model quickly became ubiquitous on WUS.
                  You talking about the new(-ish) Promaster? BN0151-09L?
                  Ben

Comment

You talking about the new(-ish) Promaster? BN0151-09L?
                    Yeah, but the one I posted below is the black version (BN0150).

Comment

Yeah, but the one I posted below is the black version (BN0150).
                      Nice. Love me an offset crown.

I note, for anyone interested, that both the blue and black models are available at Joma for $150 currently.
                      Last edited by LesserBlackDog; December 20, 2016, 03:54 PM.
                      Ben

Comment

ilike an offset crown too. I woudl ahe the blue citizen already if it werent for the orange hand.

Comment

Took me a while to warm to the orange minute hand, too, but it was the offset crown and narrower lugs that finally won me over.

Comment

Here's my wrist today

Ben

Comment

Hamilton Jazzmaster

Is the picture showing up for anyone?
                              Last edited by evil_ryan; December 20, 2016, 05:37 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

Originally posted by evil_ryan View Post
                                Is the picture showing up for anyone?
                                Only if I open it up in a separate tab. Gotta get a direct image link for the IMG tags to work. Like so:

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X