Clear All

VSA

Ben

Comment

got my first automatic watch today, seiko snkk27

Comment

Originally posted by HankScorpio View Post
        got my first automatic watch today, seiko snkk27

Another first timer w/ a seiko 5! Hard to go wrong with all the options out there. Pretty soon you'll want more

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          VSA

Hey, how you liking the VSA. I have a chance to purchase a bracelet-ed version. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Heafcliffe View Post
            Hey, how you liking the VSA. I have a chance to purchase a bracelet-ed version. Thoughts?
            I really like it. Really elegant case shape and proportions. Highly legible. Mostly brushed/matte and quite understated with just enough polished elements to add a little visual interest. Really like the sword hands. The font of the oversized numerals is maybe not to everybody's taste but I don't mind it. I like that it's clearly a field watch without being a carbon copy of the standard field watch design. Lume isn't anything to write home about but the finish on the hands really catches light so the watch is still quite readable in low light.

Works with suits despite the slightly unusual green dial, IMO, because it is relatively simple, understated, and slips unobtrusively under a shirt sleeve.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              I really like it. Really elegant case shape and proportions. Highly legible. Mostly brushed/matte and quite understated with just enough polished elements to add a little visual interest. Really like the sword hands. The font of the oversized numerals is maybe not to everybody's taste but I don't mind it. I like that it's clearly a field watch without being a carbon copy of the standard field watch design. Lume isn't anything to write home about but the finish on the hands really catches light so the watch is still quite readable in low light.

Works with suits despite the slightly unusual green dial, IMO, because it is relatively simple, understated, and slips unobtrusively under a shirt sleeve.
              Hey thanks! I've always been fond of the unique green/tan, Banana Republic nature of the watch. I think this will fulfill the last spot in my collection (B&R, Baby Tuna & Tissot Tradition). Found one that I think I can get for sub $120 completely new. We'll see.

Comment

Am traveling to Asia tomorrow. CW GMT on a leather NATO strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a new one for me. I pulled it off the stock mesh and tossed it on this leather one I had.

Comment

new favorite. Waterbury with NATO.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ben

Comment

Comment

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              Ah, the illusive Illuminator; that LED function is just too cool. I'm kinda glad they're a little bigger than I find comfortable, because I'd majorly over-pay for one that was 40mm/20mm.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                                Ah, the illusive Illuminator; that LED function is just too cool. I'm kinda glad they're a little bigger than I find comfortable, because I'd majorly over-pay for one that was 40mm/20mm.
                                This one is 40/21 but the crowns are big. I have a 6.5" wrist and it wears smaller than my obris morgan and why smaller than the Mdv106 it replaced

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X