X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DocDave
    replied
    I went with a no-date sub because a) I knew I'd never be able to read the date without my glasses and b) I don't wear the sub often enough to keep the automatic movement going. So I'd be constantly updating the date window whenever I wanted to wear the watch.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by kongmw View Post
    In other watch-related news, on the off chance that I could get a Sub (the new 41mm version) from my AD (my SA implied as much), what are y'all thoughts on date vs no date?
    I have date and no-date subs in the box and enjoy them all. Like motosacto, I probably favor the no-dates due to their clean lines and deep history, but both styles are classics. You can't go wrong with either. As andrewrg says, go with the one that makes you most happy.

Leave a comment:

• andrewrg
    replied
    I've never owned a watch that cost more than $200, but I can see both sides of this question. On the one hand, pun intended, if you wear the watch while diving, the most important piece of information you're getting by looking at the watch comes from the bezel. You don't need to see what day it is, just how long you've been under. If you wear the watch in the office, you probably check it a few times to look at the date when you're filling out paperwork or planning ahead on the calendar.
    On the other hand, the story is that the head of Rolex at the time wanted the oyster case to look great underwater and also on land, i e in everyday scenarios. So it's probably not a tool only watch.
    My opinion is do what makes you happy

Leave a comment:

• motosacto
    replied
    Originally posted by kongmw View Post
    In other watch-related news, on the off chance that I could get a Sub (the new 41mm version) from my AD (my SA implied as much), what are y'all thoughts on date vs no date?
    From a practical point of view, watches are mostly jewelry - your computer screen, your phone, your tablet all show the date. If you’re actually diving, you probably don’t the date either, right? So which one do YOU think looks better? As for me, I’m a no-date guy when it comes to tool watches....

Leave a comment:

• kongmw
    replied

It's getting warm, finally put the mesh bracelet back on this guy.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Headed into the Memorial Day weekend with the Orange Monster

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Wow. Just wow minty007. That is a very nice looking Tudor.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Since this thread hasn't had an entry in 10 days, here's another that I may not have posted before.

I'm a long-time Tudor fan. I was very excited when the company reintroduced the brand in the US 8 years ago. The first generation Black Bay was everything I'd hoped it would be - an all around great watch. It gets a lot of wrist time.

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Agreed. Make it rain.

Let us live vicariously through you!
    Ha! I'll do what I can, but the collection certainly isn't that spectacular... just full of overflowing watch boxes

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

That's pretty sweet!! Which G-shock is that? I've been looking at buying one, that one's pretty slick!
    Not the OP, but here's what I found. Pretty slick:

https://www.gshock.com/watches/analo...tal/ga2100-1a1

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    In a nod to DocDave , here's one that I don't believe I've posted here before. It's the JLC Navy Seals Master Compressor. It has a rubber-coated titanium bracelet and all in, it's one of the most comfortable watches that I've worn.

Leave a comment:

• Alex.C
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Oh, you don't have to self censor. I'm sure the users here would love to see the watches in your collection. Or maybe I'm just talking about me
    Agreed. Make it rain.

Let us live vicariously through you!

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by minty007 View Post

Thanks much Doc! I try to keep my posts here reflective of what might be considered the "Dappered" portion of my collection. By that I mean price-performing watches that provide a lot of bang for the buck.
    Oh, you don't have to self censor. I'm sure the users here would love to see the watches in your collection. Or maybe I'm just talking about me

Leave a comment:

• minty007
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    minty007 I may have said this before, but I'll say it again. You have some very nice watches in your collection. I always enjoy seeing what you're sporting on your wrist.
    Thanks much Doc! I try to keep my posts here reflective of what might be considered the "Dappered" portion of my collection. By that I mean price-performing watches that provide a lot of bang for the buck.
    Last edited by minty007; May 7, 2021, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    minty007 I may have said this before, but I'll say it again. You have some very nice watches in your collection. I always enjoy seeing what you're sporting on your wrist.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X