Got this past weekend !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RishiK View Post

Got this past weekend !!

Wow. Now that is a nice watch. An IWC is definitely a watch that's on my want list. Can you share a little bit about the watch? Did you purchase it new? Did you look at other IWC watches? Etc b

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          At the risk of duplicating the WIWT thread I thought I'd start one dedicated to watches. For those of us who are more watch focused I suppose.
          how big is your wrist? I love this watch, but I have a 6" wrist so I fear it is too big for me

Comment

Here is what I am traveling with. Timex weekender for when it's damn hot and I want light weight, casio mdv106 on hadley roma rubber strap for water activities, casio ef503 for the flight, dinner and drinks.

Comment

Orient Mako on NATO. I had been wearing a Seiko 5 all week, and when I put on the mako this morning, I became a little self-conscious that the mako wears too big. But now I think it's fine.

Comment

Today's choice. 1990 Omega Speedmaster on a leather strap.

[MENTION=14888]HankScorpio[/MENTION] that's a good question. I have never measured my wrist. For comparison take I can tell you that I feel the Seiko5 is too small for me. At 36mm I just think it doesn't look right. The smallest watch I'd go for is 38mm. My largest (I think is the Casio diver watch MDV106 and that's probably as big as I'd go. Hope that helps.

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] nice watch case for the trip. And I like it the idea of taking some straps with you too. Nice way to keep things fresh while on the road. I tend to only take one watch with me holidays for fear of loosing/forgetting one.

Last edited by DocDave; July 21, 2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Casio E-503 again but today is black on a lake house leather strap. (Closest I can get to [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]'s glorious speedy)

Comment

Speedy Pro Tintin on kangaroo leather NATO. I'm attending a political event tonight (lawn party/fundraiser) and wanted something a little peacocky without being Rolex conspicuous.
                    Ben

Comment

Maratac Mid Pilot on a grey nato. The pic was taken a few days back, but it's what I'm wearing today.

Comment

Originally posted by mmgfarb View Post
                        My blue E-503 on the steel bracelet for today. I've been meaning to order a couple natos but haven't gotten around to it yet.
                        I think that the blue model is my favorite of the EF503s. Are those still available?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                          Here is what I am traveling with. Timex weekender for when it's damn hot and I want light weight, casio mdv106 on hadley roma rubber strap for water activities, casio ef503 for the flight, dinner and drinks.

Love the strap on the MDV106. I have the same watch, still with the factory strap. What a difference the aftermarket strap makes on this piece
                          We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] that red and white of the Tintin model really adds some pop to the face of the Speedy. Any idea what year your watch is? Just curious.

[MENTION=14949]mmgfarb[/MENTION] Thanks for the kind words on the watch. I must confess after having looked for a long while and then finally pulling the trigger, I am very pleased with my watch, even more so now that I swapped out the original band for a leather one.
                            Last edited by DocDave; July 21, 2016, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I think the Tintin came out in 2013/2014. I bought mine new about a year and a half ago. Not sure if they're still in production but I think you can still find them on the grey market.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by APinNC View Post
                                Love the strap on the MDV106. I have the same watch, still with the factory strap. What a difference the aftermarket strap makes on this piece
                                Thanks. It is way more comfortable too. I also swapped the bezel insert for a planet ocean insert. Two easy changes that make the watch a lot better.

Comment

Working...
                                X