• Show
Clear All

Nice Seamaster. Recent purchase?

Comment

Yes, a total impulse purchase -_-

No more spending for me.
      Ben

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] you are brave soul for wearing that beaut to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
          Yes, a total impulse purchase -_-

No more spending for me.
          It feels like you've had several purchases since this thread began haha. All of them are gorgeous!

Comment

Nothing wrong with impulse purchases. Some of my best purchases have been on impulse!

Comment

$30 impulse purchase = fun

>$1,500 impulse purchase =

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                $30 impulse purchase = fun

>$1,500 impulse purchase =

At this point in life, this is approximately how I feel about my new field jacket on the way.
                Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Since we're talking about Seamasters, rocking this today:

Comment

Same watch different strap

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                      Since we're talking about Seamasters, rocking this today:
                      And speaking of impluse purchases...Everytime I see [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] post a photo that Seamaster I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one. Must..Resist..Urge...

Comment

[MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

Nice seamasters!
                        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                          [MENTION=3886]drocpsu[/MENTION] [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION]

Nice seamasters!
                          Seconded. I'll be part of the gang again tomorrow!

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] I'm not gonna stop you. Speedys are nice and all, but everyone really needs a Seamaster.
                          Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                            ... Speedys are nice and all, but everyone really needs a Seamaster.
                            Agree to disagree on that one. I've never been a fan of the PO or Diver models, but the Aqua Terras were what drew me to Omegas initially and the new 300s are pretty interesting. Just not sure they're necessarily 'must haves' like a Speedy is for me. YMMV obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              Agree to disagree on that one. I've never been a fan of the PO or Diver models, but the Aqua Terras were what drew me to Omegas initially and the new 300s are pretty interesting. Just not sure they're necessarily 'must haves' like a Speedy is for me. YMMV obviously.
                              Hmm, I loved my 42mm 2500 PO. Really a perfect balance between modern and vintage styling aesthetics. One of the few flips I actually regret. But it would be hard to justify ever buying one again because I hate the thickness and aesthetic "upgrades" (ceramic bezel, applied numerals) of the 8500 model but the 2500 movement is so stop-gappy.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                I would probably agree with you that a Speedy is more "must-have" status than a Seamaster. Speedy represents tradition, and a lot of people don't want the watch itself to change, so Omega has a strong incentive to keep it the same. On the other hand with the various Seamaster models, those are more for showcasing Omega's technical innovations (anti-magnetic, ceramic bezels, etc.). I can't really see any of the seamasters becoming a classic in the way that the speedmaster has, but the speedmaster's history is a very hard thing to replicate.
                                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Working...
                                X