This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Happy to help! I am rather pleased with the purchase--especially for the price (and the seller is a fellow WUS, not just some guy trying to make a quick buck, although I'm sure he turns a nice profit with the number of these he sells).

I find it to be pretty comfortable myself. I have a rather large wrist, so I don't have much double-leather overlap left after I close the clasp, and I find the butterfly infinitely easier to close on my big wrist than a single-fold. It's somewhat difficult for me to speak toward how it'd be on a smaller wrist, but I think the butterfly would would better for a smaller wrist as well. Pure speculation, but assuming that the discomfort for smaller wristed folks comes from the metal at the bottom extending longer across than their wrist, I think the butterfly's solid metal that lays against your wrist would (I think) be smaller than the same on a single-fold. YMMV--I've never owned a single-fold (only tried one on), don't have a small wrist, etc.
    Awesome thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by quigleysr View Post
      I have switched all my leather bands to butterfly deployants at this point. I just prefer the aesthetic, comfort and ease of putting them on. I tried a single clasp from RHD and the quality was fine, but it was not comfortable at all, which I attribute to my smaller wrists. I think he even says on his site that they won't work for a certain size wrist, but I forget what the cutoff was.
      This was very helpful, thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post

Went with the Rodina today. Haven't worn it in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Nice Watch DocDace, I break out mine regularly though, the version without any lettering though:

Comment

[MENTION=13875]Viralence[/MENTION] I like the strap on your watch. I definitely need to upgrade the one on my watch.

Comment

Been a while since I posted here. Watch rotation has been primarily the GS since I got it. Just got this Christopher Ward in yesterday. Digging the red bezel.

Comment

Ben

Comment

Wow [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] the last 2 watches posted are the 2 i've been debating buying the most...

Comment

What watch I wore today

Haha, very nice Ben. One of these days I'll have an omega of my own. Taking my time getting there though.

Well I've only had the watch for a day but I definitely dig it. The Seamaster speaks for itself. No matter which one you decide to go for you can't really go wrong.

If I could change one thing on the C Ward I would change the date window from white to black. It looks pretty good as is but matching to the dial would give it a cleaner look(to my eyes anyways).

Comment

[MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] I like the look for the CWard watch. Is the band OEM or did you put it on afterwards?

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Your Seamaster is gorgeous! Makes me miss mine all the more.

Fall layers with the Seiko.

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        [MENTION=15577]Rawfull[/MENTION] I like the look for the CWard watch. Is the band OEM or did you put it on afterwards?
                        Hey Doc, it's an old Crown and Buckle NATO that I had lying around. I bought mine with the bracelet which actually feels pretty nice and solid. I've been feeling excessively lazy at home this week so I just haven't gotten around to removing the extra links to resize it.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
                          [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] Your Seamaster is gorgeous! Makes me miss mine all the more.

Fall layers with the Seiko.

Yours is more special! I thought you were supposed to have gotten it back recently?

This is the quartz AT so it's not quite as fancy as the automatic (painted logo and markers instead of applied) but I think what most people regard as "downgrades" actually give it a slightly more toolish look.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Yours is more special! I thought you were supposed to have gotten it back recently?

This is the quartz AT so it's not quite as fancy as the automatic (painted logo and markers instead of applied) but I think what most people regard as "downgrades" actually give it a slightly more toolish look.
                            The overall look gives me vibes of Seiko Monster mixed in with the Seamaster, I really dig it actually. And my watch should be in by this Friday (some complications arose in the re-servicing process); expect pictures!
                            Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

I really dig the look of the Aqua Terra and there are a lot of different dial/hand combinations out there in the wild to pick from. Some even look a bit sporty like the 231.10.42.21.01.002 which has the yellow minute markers and seconds hand (one of my favorites).

Comment

Some better pics... at the gym

In the car

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X