This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
    About two months ago I pondered on the question of a date vs. no date sub and eventually went to my SA to "register my interest" for a new Sub no date. I was honestly shocked by how fast it came in...
    So here goes:

Figure i'm going to take a break from Rolex for a bit and look around at other brands *cough* Speedy *cough* (until I inevitably get pulled back in by the 36mm Explorer)...
    Lovely! A great choice
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Wow. That's a gorgeous looking watch kongmw. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post

Lovely! A great choice
        Originally posted by DocDave View Post
        Wow. That's a gorgeous looking watch kongmw. Nice.
        Thanks for your kind words!

Comment

My new 3861 Hesalite Speedmaster! I love the classy look and (similar to the Sub I used to own) it looks amazing with a t-shirt or a suit!
          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Arête View Post
            My new 3861 Hesalite Speedmaster! I love the classy look and (similar to the Sub I used to own) it looks amazing with a t-shirt or a suit!

hesalite or sapphire sandwich, and why? ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post

hesalite or sapphire sandwich, and why?
              I went with the Hesalite because I thought it looked better and because it was $800 cheaper. I'm not that into the whole history/legacy of the moon watch and wanting the watch more closer to the original (i.e. hesalite). I just think the hesalite looks cooler and I don't like the "milky ring" on the Sapphire. However, everything I saw was from pics/videos and not in person. However, from what I've heard, people usually like the hesalite even more once they see it in person next to the sapphire. Also, I'm pretty careful with my watches so I'm not too concerned with scratching it, and even if I do, I know you can fix it with polywatch.

Second, I liked the all brushed bracelet of the new hesalite better than the sapphire bracelet which has some polishing. I try to stay away from anything too shiny in my attire.

Third, I know people love the exhibition casebook of the sapphire, but I've had these on past watches and usually just forgot about them. In contrast to most people, I actually prefer the solid caseback. I think the open casebacks are a little cheesy unless it's something like a Patek/A Langhe and Sohn. I like that Rolex has stuck with the closed casebacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arête View Post

I went with the Hesalite because I thought it looked better and because it was $800 cheaper. I'm not that into the whole history/legacy of the moon watch and wanting the watch more closer to the original (i.e. hesalite). I just think the hesalite looks cooler and I don't like the "milky ring" on the Sapphire. However, everything I saw was from pics/videos and not in person. However, from what I've heard, people usually like the hesalite even more once they see it in person next to the sapphire. Also, I'm pretty careful with my watches so I'm not too concerned with scratching it, and even if I do, I know you can fix it with polywatch.

Second, I liked the all brushed bracelet of the new hesalite better than the sapphire bracelet which has some polishing. I try to stay away from anything too shiny in my attire.

Third, I know people love the exhibition casebook of the sapphire, but I've had these on past watches and usually just forgot about them. In contrast to most people, I actually prefer the solid caseback. I think the open casebacks are a little cheesy unless it's something like a Patek/A Langhe and Sohn. I like that Rolex has stuck with the closed casebacks.
                Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this! I continue to have this internal debate, which I suspect will last till the second before I tell the SA which version I'd like to take home with me.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X