Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


    Loving my new Nomos Tangente 38 datum. I wanted a more elegant watch that worked better with more elegant clothing. Been wearing a Seiko 5KX on a NATO the last year -- always looked off with a sport coat. Used to have a Submariner, but could never get over the Rolex "baggage" (although I know it is a superb, amazing watch). I wanted a dress(yish) watch that was manual wind and had a date. Love Nomos.
    Last edited by Arête; January 15, 2021, 12:05 PM.

    Comment




      Quartz Orvis dual time fits with retro 70s vibes. Gonna break out the LPs too.

      Comment


        andrewrg, that Orvis dual time is awesome - and a great looking strap to boot!
        Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

        Comment


          Keeping the wristie thread rolling with an oldie but goodie - the Orvis chrono on assolutamente

          Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

          Comment


            Wow. Nice watch @minty007!!

            Comment


              Originally posted by minty007 View Post
              Keeping the wristie thread rolling with an oldie but goodie - the Orvis chrono on assolutamente

              That blue really pops!

              Comment




                Trying to do the one watch per week rotation to give everybody a fair amount of wrist time...

                Comment


                  kongmw Good on ya for rotating the watches. I've pretty much settled on my Garmin 235. I am doing a lot more sitting these days, so the watch has a 'move' function that if I don't get up over X amount of time, it prompts me to get up and move. That said, I do miss wearing a nice watch daily. I don't think I am a 'smart' watch kinda guy.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    kongmw Good on ya for rotating the watches. I've pretty much settled on my Garmin 235. I am doing a lot more sitting these days, so the watch has a 'move' function that if I don't get up over X amount of time, it prompts me to get up and move. That said, I do miss wearing a nice watch daily. I don't think I am a 'smart' watch kinda guy.
                    Despite my change in schedule during this pandemic, I'm still a compulsive swapper... usually two per day (day/eve) and often more on the weekends. It's a disorder...
                    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                    Comment


                      This week I swapped the leather band off my 20 year old Citizen tank watch (the watch is 20 years old, not the band, that's maybe 2 years old?), I decided to try a metal bracelet band for the first time on this watch (sorry, the protective plastic sheathing is still on the band in the photo below). I kinda like it for pure function, but my wife says it looks less dressy. I can't disagree with her, she's right, buuut...I typically only wear this watch with a suit, so maybe the metal band makes it a bit more casual and I'll move it a bit into the day-to-day rotation. Ultimately, I love this watch, it has a lot of sentimental value and it's got a good classic vibe. I can always swap it out for a leather band again later.

                      https://imgur.com/a/Ar6vdPs

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by TheJasonaissance View Post
                        That thing does look really sweet on that bracelet! How wide is it? With the all metal construction and the bracelet the same width as the case or about the same, it has the look of a (non-watch) bracelet. Maybe it would be good with suit separates or a sportcoat?

                        Comment


                          The Reverso on quill ostrich. I typically wear this one as a casual watch so it lives most of the time on this strap...



                          However, it dresses up nicely with a swap to black leather.

                          Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

                            That thing does look really sweet on that bracelet! How wide is it? With the all metal construction and the bracelet the same width as the case or about the same, it has the look of a (non-watch) bracelet. Maybe it would be good with suit separates or a sportcoat?
                            Thanks! It's a 19mm band, so it's a bit narrow, but the metal bracelet basically doubles the bulk and weight of the leather strap, so it's definitely different. I'm wearing it today (not over the sleeve of my shirt).

                            Comment


                              Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but this is what I'm wearing today.


                              Comment


                                I like that your sleeve also has a nato strap.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X