X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mondaine dual time today

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Still very much smitten with the anordain.

Comment

Can't blame you kongmw That's a very nice looking watch.

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
          carlitos , in imgur, click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of your photo > select "Get share links" > click "Copy Link" for the BBCode version (it'll start with "[img]")...

Then paste the link into your forum post.
          Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
            Very nice. In person, how does the enamel dial differ from a regular old dial? Can you really tell?

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
              Very nice. In person, how does the enamel dial differ from a regular old dial? Can you really tell?
              Thanks! The enamel dial is a big draw for me personally, that and I do like The Armoury too.
              In person, it's very much a subtle difference compared to regular (painted?) dials. I don't have another watch with a white dial but looking at the enamel, its specular highlights on the surface are a bit softer. The finish of the enamel on mine also isn't 100% glass-like smooth. I never looked at a Breguet enamel dial this close so I can't really say if it's like this across the board.
              Overall though, it's hard (for me) to tell enamel apart from regular old dials from more than 3ft away.

Comment

Thanks! The enamel dial is a big draw for me personally, that and I do like The Armoury too.
                In person, it's very much a subtle difference compared to regular (painted?) dials. I don't have another watch with a white dial but looking at the enamel, its specular highlights on the surface are a bit softer. The finish of the enamel on mine also isn't 100% glass-like smooth. I never looked at a Breguet enamel dial this close so I can't really say if it's like this across the board.
                Overall though, it's hard (for me) to tell enamel apart from regular old dials from more than 3ft away.
                Thanks. Apparently the cost of enamel dials is so high because so many break in production. It’s intriguing. I’d get the pink or blue one from anordain. Ball also makes an enamel dial but it’s pretty plain.

Comment

Reeealy nice texture comparisson between the watch band and the coat!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

Reeealy nice texture comparisson between the watch band and the coat!
                    Thanks! I'm terrible at fit pics so I don't post any that would do the jacket justice. It's a safari jacket made from die workwear's summer tweed.

Comment

Orvis dual time
                      Because quartz is cool too

Comment

Grabbed the Seiko Solar Compass today

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post
                          Orvis dual time
                          Because quartz is cool too
                          ]
                          That is very cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X