X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post

Niiice!!! One of my favorite watches, nicely done

Where did you get it modified?
    Thanks! I was lucky enough to snag one when they were briefly in stock on Amazon last year and it's become one of my favorites as well.

I did the hand and crystal modifications myself. This was a warm-up for my first Invicta 8926 mod and I'm now working on my second (a birthday gift for my brother).

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post

None at all. It's in Alpina's Swiss quartz line, so rock solid reliable, at a very reasonable price.
      read about it... seems solid, yet not very well known.

Comment

Mondaine Evo 2, official timepiece of the Swiss Railways. A nice father's day gift

Comment

Mondaine Evo 2, official timepiece of the Swiss Railways. A nice father's day gift
          Congrats! A very nice gift indeed. I have a couple of Mondaines that I am very fond of. Enjoy!

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Great looking watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ijones027
              Can anybody tell me the quality of jw Nordstrom top coats are 95 wool 5% cashmere?
              Welcome to the forum! You should ask this in the "ask a question" thread - you would have a better chance of getting an answer there.

Comment

Just unwrapped this beauty from one of my favorite price-performing microbrands - Helson

Comment

Just unwrapped this beauty from one of my favorite price-performing microbrands - Helson

Looks fantastic! I absolutely love the bezel on this, and the white dial complements it well. I've never owned a Helson, but always wanted to check out a Skindiver in the metal.

Comment

Originally posted by castle View Post

Looks fantastic! I absolutely love the bezel on this, and the white dial complements it well. I've never owned a Helson, but always wanted to check out a Skindiver in the metal.
                    Thanks much, it's an obvious tribute to the near-mythical Rolex Albino 6542 (but with sword hands and without the radiation issues or inconceivable price tag). It's only been on my wrist for a day now, but I'm really liking it so far. Very wearable at 38mm, and I'm with you - the sapphire bezel insert makes the watch!

Comment

Thanks much, it's an obvious tribute to the near-mythical Rolex Albino 6542 (but with sword hands and without the radiation issues or inconceivable price tag). It's only been on my wrist for a day now, but I'm really liking it so far. Very wearable at 38mm, and I'm with you - the sapphire bezel insert makes the watch!

ha, i was just going to say that it looks a lot like Rolex... almost a knock off.
                      Not familiar with this brand... safe to assume it just a company that takes iconic watches and tried to imitate them so it looks like one wears rolex?

Comment

My first watch acquisition since the pandemic gong show started.

Comment

Originally posted by dc_slicker View Post

ha, i was just going to say that it looks a lot like Rolex... almost a knock off.
                          Not familiar with this brand... safe to assume it just a company that takes iconic watches and tried to imitate them so it looks like one wears rolex?
                          There are several brands out there with that marketing philosophy, but Helson isn't one of them. Helson is a microbrand that built their name on creating high value tool watches for divers. I also have one of their dive watches in brass that I've been very happy with - unique and built like a tank. They have more recently added a few tribute watches to their lineup, like the GMT. But no one who knows Rolex's vintage models (I own a handful) - would ever mistake the Helsons for "knock offs".

Here's the legendary Albino Rolex GMT 6542 that served as an inspiration for the Helson GMT. As you can see, despite the similar color schemes, they are very different watches.

Comment

Wow. That albino Rolex is almost enough to take my breath away. What a beautiful watch.

Comment

The Stop2Go today

Comment

The Stop2Go today

I feel like I would never tire of watching the seconds-hand so it’s thing at the top of each minute. Is it really cool on your wrist? Are you entertained?

Comment

Working...
                                X