Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the design and engineering, I just don’t know if I want to look at a German pilot watch on my wrist all day. Which is probably stupid, because I love German and Scandinavian design.

Today I’m desk diving.

Comment

What watch I wore today

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool NATO strap on that Seiko.

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
            Cool NATO strap on that Seiko.
            Thank you! It is a single pass NATO from CheapestNatoStraps. Kind of a pain to get it set correctly for my 6.75” wrist, but once it’s set it’s good to go and very comfortable.

Comment

Modded Seiko SNKK25

New dial and skeleton aviator hands. Getting some much needed wrist time after being relegated to a scrap parts watch.
              Last edited by Nandyn; March 4, 2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Finally broke down and picked one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Good call - looks awesome!
                  Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

You mean, you finally were able to source one and bought it immediately?
                    Ben

Comment

I almost got one off reddit a couple of days ago, maybe you have the same one. What do you think [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          You mean, you finally were able to source one and bought it immediately?
                          One of the guys who works at the local AD posted in the RedBar chat they had one that just came if any of us were interestedt. I was like what the heck. Even if I change my mind 6 months down the road I'll lose $200 max. I actually saw one the 1st week it was released at another local AD and had no idea it would be so popular. I only passed on it at the time because I already have a Sub. That's the reason I've avoided it so long. I love my Sub 100x more than the BB58 but the problem is the Rolex crown draws attention. I'd prefer to avoid that on the weekends and when I'm traveling.

My other justification is I have a date Sub and this is no date. The 5 digit bracelet is so comfortable that the Sub always lives on that. This one will soon be going on a NATO or other straps soon.

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
                          I almost got one off reddit a couple of days ago, maybe you have the same one. What do you think [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
                          It's a very nice watch. It's the perfect size and now it comes with a 5 year warranty and all at a reasonable $3700 retail. Only complaint I've heard is regarding the bracelet only having 3 microadjusts but it fits me perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Classic! Great 50's lines. Looks like an Airstream trailer, timeless.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrg View Post
                              Classic! Great 50's lines. Looks like an Airstream trailer, timeless.
                              Thanks After choosing to take my leave from the expensive watch game, it has been fun to continue to find pieces that give me as much joy to wear as a Rolex or Omega for a fraction of the price.
                              Ben

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X