X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jory_king View Post
    New Seiko 5 for a rehearsal today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a joke in there somewhere about a guy in the army going into the water wearing a dive watch, but I can't quite figure it out....

Man, every time I see one of the new Seikos I want one. My Orient Ray recently stopped working and it's probably not worth the cost to repair it.

Comment

Originally posted by believe0101 View Post
      There's a joke in there somewhere about a guy in the army going into the water wearing a dive watch, but I can't quite figure it out....

Man, every time I see one of the new Seikos I want one. My Orient Ray recently stopped working and it's probably not worth the cost to repair it.
      I’m sure there is! I was torn between an Orient and this but when this watch was on such a good deal from Macy’s I had to pick it up. Around $170 OTD.

Comment

Originally posted by jory_king View Post
        New Seiko 5 for a rehearsal today.

Hey, one of the new Seiko watches that is replace the SKX lineup. How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          Hey, one of the new Seiko watches that is replace the SKX lineup. How do you like it?
          I like it a lot. I was torn between this and the Seiko Samurai and it just felt so clunky next to this. It is a little too dressy for some NATO straps but I have no regrets.

Comment

Black tie
            Ben

Comment

It hasn't been out in a while, but here's another shot of the vintage Nivada Grenchen that belonged to my grandfather...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Wow. That's a nice looking watch [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION]. Plus the heritage of the watch, coming from your grandfather, gives the watch a special provenience.

Comment

Wow. That's a nice looking watch [MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION]. Plus the heritage of the watch, coming from your grandfather, gives the watch a special provenience.
                  Thanks [MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION]. Same era, the other grandfather today. I've had it for about a year but it's the first time I've ever worn this one; an Elgin Sportsman with sunburst dial on a classic twist-o-flex.

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post

Now I like the look of this a lot! Any details you can share?

Comment

Comment

Comment

What watch I wore today

Now I like the look of this a lot! Any details you can share?
                            Thank you! This is a Vostok Komandirskie 650859 I picked up from eBay with a coupon for about $65. eBay seller was enerjystore and they were easy to deal with. Movement is surprisingly accurate and this thing is built like a tank. Apparently, there is a shop owner in Turkey or the former Eastern Bloc where he demonstrates the toughness of the Vostok watches by using them as a hammer to drive in nails.... I haven’t used this as a hammer yet, but you never know.

You can typically find these on Meranom, but this color is currently sold out. Plenty of other colors/variations there. If you do pick one up, ditch the stock metal bracelet immediately. I’ve put this on a Barton canvas and now the Cheapestnatostraps single pass NATO. Really fun watch with the vintage acrylic domed crystal and bidirectional friction bezel.
                            Another CNS NATO:

Barton Canvas:

Comment

One of only three watches I own but this forum thread is making me think I need to add to that number!

Comment

Originally posted by dgamby View Post

One of only three watches I own but this forum thread is making me think I need to add to that number!
                                I always enjoy seeing this watch. It’s so interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X