This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] Lab Life.

6 weeks into my foray into biotech. It's been pretty sweet, even have a window desk/lab bench!

nice view indeed! All I've got outside my window are HVAC pipes and flying rats, I mean pigeons.

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
      nice view indeed! All I've got outside my window are HVAC pipes and flying rats, I mean pigeons.
      I got excited cuz I was thinking of fledermaus and I don't think I've seen any in the wild in Seattle.
      Last edited by Nandyn; December 9, 2019, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post

Very Nice!

Limited edition Hodinkee?

Comment

Comment

Helping a friend shop for a 6263

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

[MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] Nice looking watch!

[MENTION=17779]minty007[/MENTION] Did you pick up the Datytona? Nice looking watch.

Comment

Yep, friend ended up buying it tonight. Crazy.. house or watch, house or watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                    Very Nice!

Limited edition Hodinkee?
                    Yeah. They overnighted it for free. I bought mine in the first 5-10 minutes after it was released. The black, blue, grey, combo goes with most of my work outfits so thought I'd give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                      Yep, friend ended up buying it tonight. Crazy.. house or watch, house or watch...
                      You can’t wear a house on your wrist, and it doesn’t tell the time....so I think the choice is clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                        You can’t wear a house on your wrist, and it doesn’t tell the time....so I think the choice is clear!
                        Ha! We think alike...

With the Newman market in the stratosphere and eliminating mere mortals from ever being able to buy one, the vintage Daytona market has swung the spotlight on a few other references - especially the 6263, nicknamed the "Big Red". But even that market seems to be catching up. There are even rarer versions of the Big Red, such as the "floating" dial, above (the "Daytona" was placed a little higher above the 6 subdial for a brief period). Add that premium to a one-owner watch that has no service parts and has never been polished, and you end up with a 6-figure timepiece.

Refreshingly (in my mind), my friend intends to wear it as one of his dailies. He reminded me that is what insurance is for...

Comment

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                          Ha! We think alike...

With the Newman market in the stratosphere and eliminating mere mortals from ever being able to buy one
                          You certainly have that right. I was looking at Daytona watches and wow. If only I’d known the market for Daytona’s and GMT’S was going to go nuts I would have bought one years ago. Now it just seems like an impossible dream.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Didn’t feel like setting the time today. The NATO made me feel a little preppy, so I grabbed my Shell penny loafers to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X