Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



    Well worn $40 Casio diver on an aftermarket leather NATO strap.

    Comment


      Originally posted by idvsego View Post
      This guy...




      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That has some serious attitude. The yellow indices give it a little more contrast, putting it halfway between classic and beater, which makes it even more badass.

      Comment


        Originally posted by andrewrg View Post
        That has some serious attitude. The yellow indices give it a little more contrast, putting it halfway between classic and beater, which makes it even more badass.
        thanks. I look forward to putting a little wear on it. I feel like it will ding up nicely lol.

        Comment


          My only square face...


          Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

          Comment


            Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            I thought I was done with the Crown... I was wrong.



            16220 DJ from 1993.
            Nice!!!

            Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

            Comment


              Casual watch for a Friday.




              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                I thought I was done with the Crown... I was wrong.

                16220 DJ from 1993.
                Nice! I'm in the market for a very similar watch, but with the white gold fluted bezel (16234). Did you consider that model? And where'd you pick this one up if you don't mind me asking?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ajs116 View Post
                  Nice! I'm in the market for a very similar watch, but with the white gold fluted bezel (16234). Did you consider that model? And where'd you pick this one up if you don't mind me asking?
                  I was actually browsing Crown & Caliber for a birth year two-tone DJ ('86) and happened upon this one in really good condition for a really good price ($3,650) and fell in love with it. I feel like it hits a sweet spot for me in terms of my wanting something with a little bit of vintage character (T Swiss champagne dial, engine-turned bezel, rattly folded bracelet, drilled lugs) while also appreciating the practicality of more modern features (sapphire crystal, 3135 movement). The champagne dial also scratches my itch for a bit of yellow gold without delving completely into the two-tone realm I was originally considering.

                  I wasn't really looking specifically for particular models or features... I was more focused on price, condition, and the general vibe of the watch. This one's been polished but the dial/hands/markers are all pristine, the bracelet stretch is negligible, and the polishing doesn't seem too over-the-top. Honestly it feels almost like I'm wearing a new watch.

                  That is one of the things about Rolex being so slow-moving and conservative in terms of their designs... this watch is close to 30 years old and in some ways would be indistinguishable from a watch fresh out of the display case.
                  Ben

                  Comment


                    16220 again

                    Ben

                    Comment




                      A Timex Expedition on a "new Bond" Zulu strap (Daniel Craig movies).

                      Comment




                        Seiko 5 on a button stud Horween leather strap I made.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment




                          Hamilton khaki field mechanical on a beat up band, paired with ribbed Henley, comfy old slim fitted BR jeans and corduory trucker jacket, and AE odenwald boots.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            I thought I was done with the Crown... I was wrong.



                            16220 DJ from 1993.
                            Pretty difficult watch to argue against.

                            Comment


                              Another day, another watch. This one is a vintage Seiko 5 eBay find.

                              eBay is littered with vintage seiko 5s and random vintage Oris watches, all for around $20. I think this one was $17, including shipping. I always look for pics of the movements, and I notice that Oris must have used much better gaskets than Seiko, because often you'll find a nice looking vintage Seiko 5 that looks like garbage inside, but the Orises are almost always pristine inside.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                                Another day, another watch. This one is a vintage Seiko 5 eBay find.

                                eBay is littered with vintage seiko 5s and random vintage Oris watches, all for around $20. I think this one was $17, including shipping. I always look for pics of the movements, and I notice that Oris must have used much better gaskets than Seiko, because often you'll find a nice looking vintage Seiko 5 that looks like garbage inside, but the Orises are almost always pristine inside.

                                That’s a great looking one. Did it ship from India? It seems like there are a million vintage Seikos there.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X