This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kurps View Post
    Any recommendations for reputable sites to find used Omegas? I know there’s a lot, wondering if any are more highly thought of. My fiancé wants to get one for me as a wedding gift but new at full price is pushing it, I’d like to be able to steer her in the right direction. Thanks!
    Crown and Caliber is reputable.
    There are reputable sellers on the Omega Forums too. Read the reviews and see who is selling frequently. I can give you the name of the fellow I bought my Speedy from. Great service, no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
      Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I think crown and caliber is decent if you want a website, their prices seem reasonable. I have bought just about every watch through watchrecon.com, which pretty much searches the major forums for listing. But ideally you do a little background work after to make sure how old the sellers account is and how well trusted he is, et.

If you're interested in a speedy 3575.20 or AT 8800 blue in 38mm, I have a friend who is probabaly interested in selling. If you need help picking out something or searching through the forums, feel free to dm me and I can help

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’ll look into those and will reach out if there’s interest. I generally prefer slightly bigger than 38mm though. Thanks for the site recommendation!

Comment

Sure, let me know. Here's a shot from earlier today, Cold enough to wear a suede strap on a short hike!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Greetings from the third-world state of California, where smoke fills the air and electricity is optional! Today I’m wearing my apocalypse compatible self-winding, lumed marker Seiko SNK805 on a rubber strap. Great for those days when you don’t have the option to charge a watch or use a light!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't taken this guy out for a spin in a while...

Comment

Snow day - supposedly another foot on the way...

Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by kongmw View Post

Haven't taken this guy out for a spin in a while...
                I stopped in the Swatch store here a few weeks back. They have some looking watches. I didn't end up purchasing anything, but was nice to stroll around the store, looking at all the different and unique models.

Comment

Invicta day.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    I stopped in the Swatch store here a few weeks back. They have some looking watches. I didn't end up purchasing anything, but was nice to stroll around the store, looking at all the different and unique models.
                    My wife picked up a swatch from a swatch store while we were in mexico, of all places. I looked around too and they had some interesting stuff. Of course I gravitated towards the more expensive stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      I like to think that my 'thing' with watches started with really obsessing with a translucent Swatch from their Skin theories maybe 15 years ago. I eventually got one of those but have long since misplaced it. I really like how affordable they are with the Sistem 51. No need to worry about servicing at all. Although ironically this collab with Hodinkee is the cheapest yet the only watch I had to pay above retail for lol.

EDIT: actually wearing the same watch again today.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                        My wife picked up a swatch from a swatch store while we were in mexico, of all places. I looked around too and they had some interesting stuff. Of course I gravitated towards the more expensive stuff.
                        Of course you looked at the more expensive stuff. I'm in the exact same boat!

Keep in mind that battery replacements for Swatches are free. Just go back to a Swatch store with your watch and done. No need for a receipt.

Originally posted by kongmw View Post
                        I like to think that my 'thing' with watches started with really obsessing with a translucent Swatch from their Skin theories maybe 15 years ago. I eventually got one of those but have long since misplaced it. I really like how affordable they are with the Sistem 51. No need to worry about servicing at all. Although ironically this collab with Hodinkee is the cheapest yet the only watch I had to pay above retail for lol.

EDIT: actually wearing the same watch again today.
                        I have never owned a Swatch myself. I did buy one for my Mom many years ago and believe it or not, she still wears the watch from time to time.

Comment

Working from home today.

Comment

This guy...

Comment

I thought I was done with the Crown... I was wrong.

16220 DJ from 1993.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                I thought I was done with the Crown... I was wrong.

16220 DJ from 1993.
                                A classic beauty!
                                Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Working...
                                X