Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropped by nesbits in Seattle for the first time so they could pop the case open and see how the movement looks. Luckily everything looks good to them. This place is historical AF and they're super professional. Definitely coming back here when watches are due for service. Family business since 1895!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by halfmacgas; August 29, 2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Good watch week, after not buying anything for more than a year. Beside suffering from a bit of a bubble butt, this thing just oozes elegance. The titanium makes it super light and the dial and steady sweep of the blue seconds hand. Love at first sight

Comment

So you recently picked up a Sub and a Snowflake? Taking a page out of my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          So you recently picked up a Sub and a Snowflake? Taking a page out of my book.
          Yupp this week. Sub is growing on me I think

Got this nato from omega. You should have seen the the packaging they mailed it in.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
            Threw this guy on a canvas today. Love the dial. This is one of the 2 watches I plan to keep forever

Wow. Love the look of that watch! Nicely done on the canvas strap too.

Comment

The U1 by night light...
              Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Love it. Do you use the GMT hand much?

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
                  Love it. Do you use the GMT hand much?

Very, very rarely. Sadly, I leave it on GMT 99% of the time. I don’t find it hard to remember what time it is at home when most of my travel is in the US. I do like the Jump Hour feature of the 16710. It makes it easy to change back and forth between time zones.

Comment

Very, very rarely. Sadly, I leave it on GMT 99% of the time. I don’t find it hard to remember what time it is at home when most of my travel is in the US. I do like the Jump Hour feature of the 16710. It makes it easy to change back and forth between time zones.
                    You made a great choice. Unless you're an obsessive vintage rolex collector that needs a 1675 or older, I think the 16710 is the best of both worlds--modern movement, while still having a vintage charm to it. I generally don't consider 1990s and 2000s watches as "vintage," but 16710's are being priced at a level where they're on the cusp of being considered as such. Really wish I had jumped on one even a year ago.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Damn it! Eveytime [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] posts an image of this watch I find myself over on Watchrecon looking for an affordable version of this watch...As if that will ever happen

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                        Damn it! Eveytime [MENTION=15630]Loafer28[/MENTION] posts an image of this watch I find myself over on Watchrecon looking for an affordable version of this watch...As if that will ever happen
                        If it helps, I picked it up for a steal before the prices for crazy. I can’t afford one now!

Comment

Rolex prices have gone through the roof of late. Not sure what the deal is.

Comment

Good ol' Seiko diver[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Big ace Steinhart on my little ace wrist.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Grand Seiko...

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X