This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winters View Post
    Might have to pick up Erika’s Mirage MN, although the olive Original also looks pretty enticing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] had the olive on his GS GMT on page 441 : https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post312564
    Last edited by Nandyn; August 27, 2019, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
      I guess curiosity got the best of me. It's not exactly what I was expecting, a little more blingy than I would like for a tool watch, and I could have done with some AR coating, but I'll keep it for a while at least [IMGhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190825/2181226f4f1eb7c9fe353832dc940376.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
      The lack of AR is annoying - more so on the date cyclops as it's usually reflecting light. A lot of that is meant to make it blingy on purpose. Rolex likes being shiny and attracting attention. I actually like the shininess of the bezel, etc as opposed to most other dive watches I've owned.

Originally posted by Winters View Post
      [IMGhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190825/d539a25014a395f49423ed0a210e72c2.jpg[/IMG]

Any strap suggestions?

Big fan of the nato but looking to switch it up - current front runner is a black leather rally but having a hard time finding something with curved ends at a reasonable price point.
      A Hirsch rally strap is pretty nice and looked really good on my speedy. The beauty of a Speedy is that pretty much any strap looks good on it.

Eh nothing special. Watchrecon and reddit watch exchange, since I wanted the stainless steel 16610 and not the new ceramic sub. Got lucky to find one in exceptional shape for a 20 year old watch, with boxes and papers and all. Paid a ridiculous amount though, if I could have tried out the watch for a week beforehand I probably would have bought a different watch with the money. At least it'll be easy to flip if I end up going down that road. I think it looks better in pictures and it's overhyped by Rolex fanboys tbh

I love my Sub (same one the 16610) more than any other watch I own. I think the biggest thing Rolex gets right are the proportions. It's not too thick, not too wide, etc. I think they screwed up those proportions with the maxi-case which is why I sold my 6 digit and went to the 5 digit. It depends what you find important in a watch. For me reliability and proportions are at the top of the list and Rolex gets that right for me. There's lots of other things I don't like about Rolex like the waiting list games, etc which is why I'm glad I own my 1 Rolex and am done with the brand.

Comment

I did finally create an Instagram account where I try to load an older watch pic in the mornings and a newer one later in the day if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.instagram.com/married_with_watches/

Didn't realize how many Orients I went through back in the day.

Comment

I award you one million internet points for the name of your Insta account.

Comment

Threw this guy on a canvas today. Love the dial. This is one of the 2 watches I plan to keep forever

Comment

Haha. I just went to the AD today to check that watch out again. Instead I fell in love with the Portuguese chrono again. I've owned both watches in the past but think the Portuguese might be next on my list. I decided to shoot a video of the watches I was checking out while I was there. Great selection of pilot and Portuguese watches there.

https://youtu.be/IAqpLCMdUGA

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                Haha. I just went to the AD today to check that watch out again. Instead I fell in love with the Portuguese chrono again. I've owned both watches in the past but think the Portuguese might be next on my list. I decided to shoot a video of the watches I was checking out while I was there. Great selection of pilot and Portuguese watches there.

I always thought the Portuguese was a bit big but it looks good on your wrist man. I love the mark 18 LPP, I can still stare at the dial and watch the light play on it. This and my 2531.80 are my definite keepers, the speedy might get traded for a more vintage one but I'll keep a speedy in rotation.

Comment

Btw you should read the book le petite prince (The Little Prince in English). I love it and its definitely another reason I love this watch

Comment

I always thought the Portuguese was a bit big but it looks good on your wrist man. I love the mark 18 LPP, I can still stare at the dial and watch the light play on it. This and my 2531.80 are my definite keepers, the speedy might get traded for a more vintage one but I'll keep a speedy in rotation.

The keepers for me are my 16610 Sub, my JLC Perpetual Calendar, and I think this JLC Deep Sea Chrono. I will probably pick up the Portuguese chrono again shortly and hopefully that will fill the last slot for me. I try to keep it at 4. I do still have a Gshock and an Omega 2264 quartz I use as 'beaters' so don't really count those.

Btw you should read the book le petite prince (The Little Prince in English). I love it and its definitely another reason I love this watch

I have a hard cover copy of the book. Haven't read it yet though. Waiting until my baby is old enough so I can read it to her.

Comment

I know the spitfire is beloved by many, but I get thrown off every time I see the patina'd/colored hands and 12hr mark contrasted with the white markers everywhere else on the dial.

Comment

Looking for the right strap combo. This definitely isn't it lol but I have to stick it out for the morning at least. Have a few other straps otw to see if anything works but I suspect this watch may be best on the bracelet

Comment

The keepers for me are my 16610 Sub, my JLC Perpetual Calendar, and I think this JLC Deep Sea Chrono. I will probably pick up the Portuguese chrono again shortly and hopefully that will fill the last slot for me. I try to keep it at 4. I do still have a Gshock and an Omega 2264 quartz I use as 'beaters' so don't really count those.

I have a hard cover copy of the book. Haven't read it yet though. Waiting until my baby is old enough so I can read it to her.
                          That's a nice little line up man, but I never believe you're actually going to keep your watches [emoji23]. Didn't know you had a little one, congrats man. I also came across it looking for books to read to my daughter but she's still too young to actually get it

Comment

That's a nice little line up man, but I never believe you're actually going to keep your watches [emoji23]. Didn't know you had a little one, congrats man. I also came across it looking for books to read to my daughter but she's still too young to actually get it

The Sub and JLC perpetual are keepers. I'm feeling that way about the JLC Deep Sea Chrono so far but obviously will know for sure with a bit more time. Thanks - She's about 8 months old.

Regarding the Sub, I've tried everything on it but think it looks best on it's bracelet. If I had the no date version I think I could get away with more NATOs and such but something about the cyclops with the NATO looks off to me.

Comment

Looking for the right strap combo. This definitely isn't it lol but I have to stick it out for the morning at least. Have a few other straps otw to see if anything works but I suspect this watch may be best on the bracelet

A buddy of mine wears his on a black and grey nato. It comes across as less “bling”, but his has more wear and tear. I also think a rubber strap would help it appear more as a tool watch.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X