This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfmacgas View Post
    And you know the strange thing is, I hate the people who don't know watches would recognize a Sub as a Rolex and a 'status symbol'. I like having watches that are more discrete (I almost never wear on bracelet even, almost all natos) and people don't even realize they might be expensive unless they're into watches themselves

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    The supply isn't that limited. It's just that the demand went way up. The Kermit and hulk used to sit on shelves and could be had below msrp until a few years ago. The only one that's ever been very limited is the Daytona. It'll equalize at some point.

Anyways, what you stated is one of the reasons I like JLC. They make their own movements (and ones for lots of other brands as well) but unless you know watches they will fly under the radar.

Comment

Invicta

Last edited by Shade; August 19, 2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Super interesting discussion speculating on future value of 5 digit submariner back when the SubC first came out.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=243084

Also, I apologize, I didn't mean to hijack the thread saw a local ad for a Sub and just wanted see if anyone here knew if it seemed like a fair price

Comment

Super interesting discussion speculating on future value of 5 digit submariner back when the SubC first came out.

Also, I apologize, I didn't mean to hijack the thread saw a local ad for a Sub and just wanted see if anyone here knew if it seemed like a fair price

It's interesting seeing this in that thread:

'Just keep in mind Rolex is making A LOT of watches per year and have been for a very long time. So the word 'rare' is very relative.'

Like I said, the supply has always been there. It's just that the demand has gone crazy the last few years. Although if you notice you see a lot more AP Royal Oaks and Pateks on celebrities now. People always want something bigger and more exclusive. The upper class are now going after even more higher end watches now while the middle class is eating up all Rolex supply.

Comment

im a sucka for bright and clear lume

Stowa Flieger classic 40

Comment

If you’re looking to get a Sub I’d just go through an AD instead of grey market, yeah you have to wait a few months but you’re not paying a markup / supporting resellers. Also even prior to the current SS craze the discount on a sub wasn’t more than 10% so it’s not like you’re all of a sudden paying 2x as much if you’re going retail.
              Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                If you’re looking to get a Sub I’d just go through an AD instead of grey market, yeah you have to wait a few months but you’re not paying a markup / supporting resellers. Also even prior to the current SS craze the discount on a sub wasn’t more than 10% so it’s not like you’re all of a sudden paying 2x as much if you’re going retail.
                Thanks for the advice but I want the 16610, feel the lugs are too big on the new one, even though the ceramic bezel is nice. It just seems a little too big and in your face, I really just want the sub as a tool watch

Comment

Gotcha sorry I missed that. Have you looked into the Tudor BB58?

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
                    Gotcha sorry I missed that. Have you looked into the Tudor BB58?
                    Another piece that is difficult to find these days.
                    Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Another piece that is difficult to find these days.
                      I personally think a few months’ wait isn’t a big deal. It’s an option if you don’t want to pay above retail for an older sub.

Comment

Got an Erika’s MN Original strap for my GS. Unfortunately this (olive and yellow stripe) is the only color she has in 18/19mm and the yellow is a little clashy with the orange of the watch, so I had her add some orange accents to the strap to make it look more intentional. Kind of 70s-ish.

Ben

Comment

My Toppers LE Seiko finally arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it just me or does tapatalk not allow us to choose the size of the file anymore (small, medium, large)?

Comment

Tapatalk just let me choose the size of this picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                My Toppers LE Seiko finally arrived

neato. I like it.

Originally posted by Rbirnie View Post
                                Tapatalk just let me choose the size of this picture.

Nice. Big Nodus fan...even though I dont have one yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X