X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What watch I wore today

Originally posted by JDOG View Post
    Alpinist on the summer band.
    Cool combination there. Alpinist is the one Seiko that I might actually buy someday.

Comment

Since today is August 2, I thought it appropriate to wear the Lunar Pilot. It wears smaller than its 45mm size.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfinder View Post
        Since today is August 2, I thought it appropriate to wear the Lunar Pilot. It wears smaller than its 45mm size.
        Originally posted by idvsego View Post
        Technically last night but we don't do social media in date nights...

Man, I would love to pick up an Accutron 2 movement watch, but they're all too big for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
          Man, I would love to pick up an Accutron 2 movement watch, but they're all too big for me.
          this one is really too big for me but I dont care. I want that Lunar Pilot too but the same thing. I might get it anyway one day.

Comment

this one is really too big for me but I dont care. I want that Lunar Pilot too but the same thing. I might get it anyway one day.
            Giant watches be like
            Last edited by Nandyn; August 2, 2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I really don’t feel the Lunar Pilot wears very large. The case is large, but you really only notice the dial which seems moderately sized to me. I have a fairly average size wrist I think. Pictures certainly don’t do the watch justice.

Comment

Casio Saturday. Haven’t worn this is a spell. Still a favorite.

Comment

I also want a Lunar Pilot but am afraid it will be way to big for me. But then I might try it one day anyway. Looks so cool on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really don’t feel the Lunar Pilot wears very large. The case is large, but you really only notice the dial which seems moderately sized to me. I have a fairly average size wrist I think. Pictures certainly don’t do the watch justice.
                    I tried one on. The issue wasn't the dial size, it was the lug width. It extended past my wrist on both sides and looked bad.

Comment

the crystal sits kinda proud too. My buddy has one. Its a neat watch for sure. I keep saying when the prices drop I will get one. Then I stopped checking prices lol.

Originally posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
                      I tried one on. The issue wasn't the dial size, it was the lug width. It extended past my wrist on both sides and looked bad.
                      IMO lug to lug is far more important than case width for fitment. Its what creates the overhang and gaps and makes the watch sit uncomfortably.

Comment

Realized today I should've worn this on shark mesh with my shark shoes last week.

Comment

Still wearin my trusty Invicta dual time while on a trip abroad:

BTW all of that talk about the lunar pilot got me on this trail of interesting articles on the watches of the moon. It is a bit nuts really with the astronauts bringing their own watches etc. check it out if you have not already:

Starting here:
                          https://wornandwound.com/review/moon...ograph-review/

To here:
                          https://wornandwound.com/bulova-used...get-one-today/

And finally here:
                          http://chronomaddox.com/moonmovement.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've just placed an order for something rather uncharacteristic for me....

Should have it on Monday, I will post pics then
                            Ben

Comment

Citizen ProMaster Diver. Got this on Prime Day The description on Amazon is misleading, as the case diameter is not 48mm. It's really 44mm. It came in a plastic diver tank, which was a cool touch.

Last edited by APinNC; August 8, 2019, 02:07 PM.
                              We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Wow, I am so sorry about the size of that photo. Posted from my phone.
                                We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                                X