Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great for travel in Africa and the Middle East beyond the range of the atomic signals. NATO from Crown and Buckle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Enjoying one of the wonders of the world with the Seamaster after a work conference in Niagara-on-the-Lake
      2254 with a PO bezel?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        2254 with a PO bezel?
        Good eye, it’s actually the 2230 (non AC) with a PO bezel. So it has the applied markers/logo. I decided on this after trying on the 2500 PO and realizing it was way too tall for me. I can’t imagine trying to wear the 8500 day to day, I’m far too clumsy not to smash the crystal on a door frame.

Comment

picked up the new c ward: https://imgur.com/PNeIL2W

Comment

What watch I wore today

Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels titanium

Comment

Back at it with my Datejust replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.C View Post

Back at it with my Datejust replacement.
                (is that gold or just lighting?)

i just bought and returned the sarb035. no AR coating on the sapphire crystal and it ran about 14 sec/day fast. if it was still a better value like a year ago before it got discontinued i would've kept it

Comment

So this happened.

Comment

So this happened.

I am jelly sandwich. Great looking piece! Enjoy!

Comment

I’m going to try and stick with theJLC, Speedy 1957 LE, and Sub for awhile. I have a Seiko diver on preorder but not planning on acquiring anything else through the end of the year.

Comment

So this happened.

The gold indices and gray dial look super sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
                          (is that gold or just lighting?)

i just bought and returned the sarb035. no AR coating on the sapphire crystal and it ran about 14 sec/day fast. if it was still a better value like a year ago before it got discontinued i would've kept it
                          Yes, this is the SCVS001, precursor to the SARB series. Gold indices/hands on a slightly champagne dial and best of all, the hash marks are on the dial as opposed to a chapter ring as found on the Sarb watches. I sourced the sarb bracelet recently and I’m smitten. I loved my datejust, but this is 90% as good (to me) for 10% of the price.

I hear you on the growing sarb prices, not the value they used to be.

Comment

I’m going to try and stick with theJLC, Speedy 1957 LE, and Sub for awhile. I have a Seiko diver on preorder but not planning on acquiring anything else through the end of the year.

I was looking back at the “let’s see your watch collection” thread and it is amazing how your collection has changed/grown over the past few years!

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...ch-collections!

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
                              I was looking back at the “let’s see your watch collection” thread and it is amazing how your collection has changed/grown over the past few years!

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...ch-collections!
                              Yes it has changed significantly over the last 6 years. I think the same could be said of a lot of us. Mine just appears to be better documented. :P

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                                Consider this the before picture for my experiment with Polywatch to repairthe acrylic Crystal big zero. I banged it up pretty good at 8:00.

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                                I go through a lot of Polywatch... it's cleaned up some pretty nasty damage in the past. It takes patience, and remember to polish the entire xtal to avoid lens distortion - not just the badly dinged section. Looking forward to the "after" picture. Good luck!
                                About 8 minutes of circular rubbing with polywatch. Good as new. I’m impressed!

Comment

Working...
                                X