Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What watch I wore today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post


    All accurate now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely stunning piece. Congrats on the pick-up.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I've always liked it since I saw it in Dr. Strange but never thought I could afford it. I saw it at a relatively good price and it still had time left on its original manufacturers warranty. With JLC extending that an additional 6 years I decided to pull the trigger.

      It's by far the pretttiest watch over ever owned. Previous to this it was the IWC Portuguese chrono but I thought that one wore a bit big. The size on this one wears perfect.
      Gorgeous watch and the extended warranty will provide nice peace of mind. Congratulations, and if it's your first, welcome to the world of JLC!
      Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

      Comment


      • https://photos.app.goo.gl/PhKmMcHrUypq8Zrm7

        New Seiko bottle cap on a Eulit Perlon strap.

        Comment


        • I'm thinking of making (assembling) a watch for my Dad for Christmas. I was going to use the new case from Crystal Times and try for kind of a railmaster style. Not even an homage, just that style. Any dial/hand recommendations? Doesn't have to be from CT.
          I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            I've always liked it since I saw it in Dr. Strange but never thought I could afford it. I saw it at a relatively good price and it still had time left on its original manufacturers warranty. With JLC extending that an additional 6 years I decided to pull the trigger.

            It's by far the pretttiest watch over ever owned. Previous to this it was the IWC Portuguese chrono but I thought that one wore a bit big. The size on this one wears perfect.
            Outstanding choice. Congratulations. At this price range, most people would have probably opted for 3-hand sports watch (probably Rolex or AP)--admittedly, including myself. Instead, you picked up something that is far more impressive from a technical perspective, bucks the current trend (how much longer are we going to think a dive watch is appropriate to wear in formal settings?), and still flies under the radar more than the guy with shiny sports watch. Really, really tasteful choice, and it might be the last dress watch you ever need.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
              I'm thinking of making (assembling) a watch for my Dad for Christmas. I was going to use the new case from Crystal Times and try for kind of a railmaster style. Not even an homage, just that style. Any dial/hand recommendations? Doesn't have to be from CT.
              Sounds like a fun project. What movement would you be using? I pretty much stick with Dagaz or Yobokies hands for seiko movements. I have tried stuff from other places and the openings arent as consistently well sized as those 2. Raffles Time has some good ones for the ETA/miyota movements. DLW Watches has good bezels so I wouldnt hesitate to try their hands. Tiget Concepts has some of the basics if you use a compatible movement.

              This could be a whole thread of its own too.

              Comment


              • one from yesterday, swapped out the oem leather bands for some more summer appropriate 2-piece nylon from clockwork synergy. not quite the green i was hoping but oh well...

                Comment


                • Family piece today. A 1952 Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic that belonged to my grandfather. It was distributed in the US at the time by the old Croton company.

                  ​​​​​​​
                  Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                  Comment




                  • Modded Invicta on homemade, quick release, veg-tan deployant strap.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                      Family piece today. A 1952 Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic that belonged to my grandfather. It was distributed in the US at the time by the old Croton company.

                      ​​​​​​​
                      thats neat

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by minty007 View Post
                        Family piece today. A 1952 Nivada Grenchen Aquamatic that belonged to my grandfather. It was distributed in the US at the time by the old Croton company.

                        ​​​​​​​
                        Love it! It's amazing how much awesome character/patina a "sealed" watch develops over the decades.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                          thats neat
                          Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                          Love it! It's amazing how much awesome character/patina a "sealed" watch develops over the decades.
                          Thanks guys, and it still keeps incredibly accurate time. I keep waiting for it to show me signs that it needs some movement servicing before cracking the case back... and still waiting...
                          Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                            Modded Invicta on homemade, quick release, veg-tan deployant strap.
                            Nice job on all! Great dial color, love that handset and awesome looking strap.
                            Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

                            Comment




                            • Enjoying one of the wonders of the world with the Seamaster after a work conference in Niagara-on-the-Lake

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I did something very bad. It cost more than I usually spend on watches but I couldn’t resist.

                                Now that I have it on my wrist, I can’t find a single thing wrong with it. It’s perfect.




                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Scrolling back up and missed this one. Awesome pickup!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X