This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minty007 View Post
    For my money, the "nice" watch is the one you love to look at and enjoy wearing, regardless of the price tag.

Here's a price performer today - the Mondaine dual time on beaver tail... nothing like wearing a giant rodent on your wrist

​​​​​​​
    Well that Mondaine is certainly nice.

Thanks and I’ll just enjoy what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For my money, the "nice" watch is the one you love to look at and enjoy wearing, regardless of the price tag.

Here's a price performer today - the Mondaine dual time on beaver tail... nothing like wearing a giant rodent on your wrist

​​​​​​​
      I'm not always a huge PVD fan, but I like that strap and its a good looking combo.
      I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
        I'm not always a huge PVD fan, but I like that strap and its a good looking combo.
        Thanks much. I'm with you on the general PVD indifference. I only have a couple of them, but this one works to my eye as well.
        Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
          Yeah, I finally pulled that trigger and I love it so far. Has fit my gym and hiking needs and I just like the look as a regular watch. the dial isnt as swappable as a full blown smart watch but there are 4-5 zones that can show different data so its pretty cool. Only had it about a week so I am still learning it but so far so good.
          Congrats! From reading here, I know you've been looking for a fitness tracker style watch for a bit. My wife picked up a Fenix a while back (present from her folks) and she likes is too. The watch can do the regular watch thing as well as the gym and hiking that she likes to do. She's still learning all of the capabilities too.

Comment

Forgot to post this last night: old (80s?) SQ

And then I am wearing another old Seiko today (7a38):

Comment

^^ Nice indeed [MENTION=14984]jays0n[/MENTION]! Keep those pics coming

Comment

USPS delivered this one to my house today. It's a Smith's Everest PRS-25 by Timefactors. 40mm width, solid sturdy bracelet, domed sapphire crystal, Miyota automatic movement, no date, great lume, screw-down crown. Even though it's not a direct copy, the design is obviously based heavily on the Rolex Explorer.

I love the functionality of a nice dive watch and I'm still on the lookout for my perfect chrono...but I've been gravitating lately towards simpler watch designs.

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                  I'm still on the lookout for my perfect chrono...
                  I found mine:

(Black one is for sale on WUS)

Comment

What watch I wore today

Originally posted by StogieNinja View Post
                    I found mine:

Awesome. This is still a classic looking watch. I’m still getting great wear out of my white one. Based on mods someone else on here did a few years back, I think the black would look awesome with a domed crystal and white hands.

If I had money to spare I would pick up yours and try to do it!

Comment

Charging up the lume on this lazy Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Winters View Post

Charging up the lume on this lazy Sunday.

You and me both.

Comment

A great night for a ballgame...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TMann View Post
                              USPS delivered this one to my house today. It's a Smith's Everest PRS-25 by Timefactors. 40mm width, solid sturdy bracelet, domed sapphire crystal, Miyota automatic movement, no date, great lume, screw-down crown. Even though it's not a direct copy, the design is obviously based heavily on the Rolex Explorer.

I love the functionality of a nice dive watch and I'm still on the lookout for my perfect chrono...but I've been gravitating lately towards simpler watch designs.

I am a big fan of the Smith's. Nice watch.

Originally posted by StogieNinja View Post
                              I found mine:

if you ever want to move that blue, hit me up.

A great night for a ballgame...
                              What is that?

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                                What is that?
                                Sorry - the sunset lighting makes it a bit hard to see. It's a JLC Master Compressor Navy Seals Diver. 42mm w/ a rubber-coated-titanium bracelet. A beefy, but very wearable and versatile sports watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X