This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token View Post
    At the end of the day, it's not like Rolex is getting bled dry by all the Rolex homages out there, and as long as it's not really hurting anyone we should all buy and wear what makes us happy.
    I think this accurately sums up all I was trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by theotherbuerman View Post
      Man, Timex sure gets a lot right. Digging it.

Comment

I admit I'm on the harsher end of the homage discussion, but simply put, it's another brand making money off the design innovations that were made by Rolex. I don't think the clothing argument holds up for generic items of clothing like a buttondown shirt/OCBD. These designs are still recognized as being Rolex designs by a vast majority of the population, whereas most people don't necessarily associate the OCBD with Brooks Brothers. As mentioned above, this is more like Kia stealing a car design from BMW that everyone would recognize as BMW or Mercedes, and using it as their own to the point where it looks like the same car, save for the logo being different. It doesn't sit right with me, and given that there are plenty of watch companies who use their own designs (or build off common designs and make them their own), I choose not to support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sose View Post
          [IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/f665aab1adf2d0735388f101c8f5cbeb.jpg[/IMG

LLD for a leisure Saturday housewarming.
          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Nice. That's a watch that I've contemplated purchasing myself a few times. Maybe I will some day pull the trigger on it.

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          I've had my eye on a pilot watch like this for a while now. Out of all the manufacturers of pilot watches, how did you settle on the Maratac version? Also, any comments/reviews you can post/share? Thanks.
          It was just on Massdrop for $269. Wait a few months for it to return if you want a new one at a decent price.

Originally posted by TMann View Post
          To be honest, I'm not totally sold on the design. I've settled on chronographs as my favorite watch design, so the super-simple dial of the Maratac is a bit of a change. Also, I frequently use the chronograph and date functions on my other watches, so I notice their absence on the Maratac.
          I've realized I lean towards dive watches . . . even though I can't swim and they will never be used for that purpose.

Comment

The LLD is a nice piece! Mine is a no date version, which is not easy to find. If you are ok with a date version, those can be had for much less. Around $1,400-1,500 in the secondary market.
            You won't regret getting one - it's a real nice watch!

Comment

New arrival!

On leather until the mesh bracelet arrives (scheduled for tomorrow).
              Ben

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION] Thanks for the heads up.

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] very nice looking watch. I'm sure it will make a great addition to your (already nice) collection.

Comment

The LLD is a nice piece! Mine is a no date version, which is not easy to find. If you are ok with a date version, those can be had for much less. Around $1,400-1,500 in the secondary market.
                  You won't regret getting one - it's a real nice watch!
                  Yeah, I noticed the no date. I haven't been keeping up with prices lately. I didn't realize they were getting so expensive. I should have bought one a few years ago.

Comment

Dat dome doe....

Ben

Comment

Omega Speedmaster. Pardon the terrible glare from the lights.

Comment

It's a Panerai day today.

Comment

Omega Speedmaster. Pardon the terrible glare from the lights.
                          One day, I'll have one of these

Comment

It's a Panerai day today.

Beautiful watch!
                            Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Trouble is [MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] now I have my eye on a Seamaster. Or maybe a vintage DeVille. Not to mention some of the other nice watches here that are tempting me...Gesh.

Comment

Trouble is [MENTION=3355]Sose[/MENTION] now I have my eye on a Seamaster. Or maybe a vintage DeVille. Not to mention some of the other nice watches here that are tempting me...Gesh.
                                If you decide to sell this one, let me know!!

Comment

Working...
                                X